Question about Disability Benefit - DLA

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi there,

I have been told I have Cervical Spondylosis now after many years I predicted I had it, I have degenerative disc disease, Osteoarthritis in hip, hip displacia, Primary Biliary Cirrosis, Acid Reflux, Asthma, and Underactive Thyroid....... I had resubmitted a claim after being diagnosed with PBC, and stilll after all my compaints I have to appeal for my entitlement as I have only the low rate care componant. The system stinks.....walking causes me pain, my hands go numb and my breathing is effected either by the Asthma or the acid reflux, every day I need help, the letter said it could take up to another 11wks? what on earth do they do? makes me so mad..... so 26 weeks I have been waiting for what I am entitled to..... and I bet they still say noooooooo, makes me sooooo mad.... grrrrrr :oops: Get my stamp paid for ESA and after medical he said I was severly disabed..... and yet DLA I have told this and they dont care less it seems......

Anyway good luck everyone trying to fight this x.

SES

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hello SES

The wonderful world of the DLA system. What can I add apart from that I agree, the system does stink and needs a complete overhaul. They need to remove ATOS Doctors for a start, so much money spent on such morons!

The system would be cheaper to run and quicker to manage if our own GPs opinion was written in stone instead of using these ridiculous Doctors reports, which, i might add, are often untrue and biased.

The money saved by not paying these people would go back into the pot and we might just start getting what we are entitled to.

I am also fighting the system along with many others on this site. I put in a new claim after losing an Appeal last year and had a lot of help in completing the form. It is extensive and that may be their excuse for taking many months to tell me to sod off again?

My condition is deteriorating rapidly, I'm in constant pain with walking, standing and sitting. Don't know what to do with myself most of the time. My GP is very concerned and I now, after total cock ups by the Neurology Unit, have another appointment to see the Neurosurgeon in August. I fall throughout the day as my balance is seriously affected and I have developed a left sided paralysis. Numb hands, sharp knife pins and needles etc. I could go on all day but won't bore you further!

DLA don't seem to care about your problems if you can stand up and peel a potato, of which I can do neither now. I could partially manage last year which was the reason I was turned down???

Anyway, whats peeling a potato got to do with anything, we cannot live by one potato alone? I could get a job and peel one potato a day, I wish?

Well, that's my rant for today over with and I wish you all the best with your claim.

Please let us all know how you get on and if I could cross my fingers for you, I would!

Take care

Lyn

• Posted

Oh thank you Lyn

I know excitly how you feel, I am in absolute agony when I walk, my arms feel like somehow they are gonna snap.....(even tho they are not) my hands seize up and my back locks great for a 37 year old..... I think the DLA are biased regrding age too, as that is why I think I get no help, my hands are seizing up even typing this for goodness sake..... Makes me so mad.... when they dish money out everyday to alcoholics for example, but genuine people do not get help they deserve even though physically they are unable to do normal chores rather than someone that purposally abuses their body..... Cant think straight today neither as my concentration kind of goes from time to time too......

Good luck Lyn and I please keep me posted too x fingers crossed for you too x

Kind regards

SES x

• Posted

Hi SES

If it gives you hope I did manage to get DLA higher rate awarded, without much of a fight. You just have to keep on at them, I got my ESA awarded without any fight at all, so it does happen so best of luck and keep up the fight.

Regards Tony

• Posted

Hello All

I finally had my DLA claim acknowledged as received yesterday! Why on earth does it take so long for them to print off a note and say 'we have your form'??? I handed it in to the local Job Centre in June and they have just received it?? God knows how long it will be before they even look at it to make a decision and say 'No' again! This time I will keep at them and not let it lie, every appeal and tribunal is going to get fed up with me.

My GP is waiting for a request for a report so I hope it covers what is needed and I don't have to start the fight of all fights.

Anyway, lets just hope that common sense prevails!

Just wanted a moan so going now before I really get started. Just completed a course of Steroids so feeling quite good at the moment. Making the most of it before the effect wears off!

Diazepam still messing with my brain though!

Bye for now

Lyn

• Posted

Hi there folks yeah we have to keep fighting x Had a horrible weekend..... anyway just thought I would say hi to you all x at least there isnt a lot of pages to read through on this forum lol as it would take someone a week to read it all lol .......

hope you all have a better weekend than me x

Regards

SES x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.