Question about dizziness

Posted , 6 users are following.

So.. like alot of people on here.. i suffer from constant dizziness (9 months now)

Do you find that it pretty much goes away when you lay in bed? or does it stay?

Mine goes away ALMOST everytime i lay down.. and it makes me think....how does that work? is it really anxiety?

Is it because laying down relaxes you? or maybe its an inner ear thing? 

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

It could be an ear problem if it goes away when you lie down. Have you seen the doctor?
    • Posted

Yes the doctor told me it was probably labrynthitis and it would go away in about 2-3 weeks..... its been 9 months....

iv had a blood test and an mri.. all fine

• Posted

My sister had labrynthitis! It can last a fair while. You should be coming to the end soon I would think.
    • Posted

Anxiety can cause dizziness without even realizing your anxious. Practice breathing from your belly rather than your chest. It helps. I went to the ENT and swore I had an inner ear problem ... Nope just anxiety but now I swear I have a brain tumor. The cycle never ends.
  • Posted

This reminds me of vertigo with the dizzy sensations. It might have to deal with water in the ear, or moisture from the weather. 
  • Posted

im sorry but from my 20 years experience with this the dizziness stays sad when i laydown it does help but its a difference of having an "attack" or panic "disorder". an attack will last anywhere from 10 to 30 min. Disorder is pretty much constantly on and off all day long.
    • Posted

Oh my god

I'm not going to survive that.... No way

I am done!

Mine seems to get a bit better late at night

How about yours?

Maybe because there's less anxiety late at night

• Posted

mine seems worse laying down sometimes ;/
    • Posted

I have panic disorder also and I am dizzy all day long until I lay down. I always think I'm going to pass out in public and humiliate myself. It does help if I take a little bit of klonopin but I hate relying on that. I want it to away it's been 2 years sad.
  • Posted

I've been having dizziness for a couple of months now, it does help when I lie down. Interestingly someone mentioned Vestibular Disorder to me last night, which symptoms I seem to be experiencing exactly! Plus the disorder can cause anxiety too, I wonder if a lot of us are suffering from that?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.