question about evorel conti patches

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, I am 55, I had 4 periods in 2017 (last one dec 17) then one in July 18.

I have been having menopausal symptoms so I asked my dr for HRT however she has prescribed me  Evorel conti patches 50mg. She said that I will not get  a bleed with these.

However I read the instruction leaflet and it says that these should only be used if woman has not had a period for at least over one year.

I am confused as to why she had given me this ?

can anyone advise?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Liz 😊 I am s full energetic woman who enjoys running and life.. going thru menopause I almost lost my mind.. anxiety low sadness hot flashes weight gain etc etc...I highly recommend the Bio identical.. it’s $300 US and I have myself back... the young years back.. skin good no flashes happy full energy... I cannot stress enough how great this is.. it’s a wild yam implant in your but that gets changed every 4 to 5 months!!!  Size of a grain of rice...Releases estrogen and testosterone everyday... I take progesterone at night to keep from bleeding and to sleep well 😊 I’ll nvr look back!!!!  Amazing 

• Posted

Hi, I am in a very similar situation and the same age and my GP prescribed evoril sequi which gives a withdrawal bleed each month. My GP said because I still had some periods this was the better choice. It has really sorted out the anxiety and hot flushes but at first the bleeding was very heavy. Oddly no bleed this month. Maybe just double check with your doctor to reassure yourself.
  • Posted

Hi you should have been given Evorel sequi patches as you haven’t been period free for a year. The continuous progesterone in Evorel Conti could give you erratic bleeding. You could try them and see what happens. X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.