Question about foreskin

Posted , 2 users are following.

hello,

im in my early 20s and growing up ive never been tought how to retract me foreskin etc, ive always washed and kept it clean as far as i could/knew, my penis is really sensitive, I think its called the gland. i assume its because of never really retracting the foreskin its been deprived of stimulation.

the problem I had tonight is that I retracted it. and it went over the head like the edge of the head onto the shaft. then it slowly was able to be pulled back over to where its normally at. but I feel like ive lost a bit of foreskin almost? it sounds weird but my gland is now almost visible I guess, and before it wasn't. my foreskin did not get stuck on the edge of the head or anything and i can still move it and retract it it just feels like my foreskin is shorter now almost? im a bit confused and messaging here for any info or help.

and if i should do something.

thank you

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

The head of the penis is the glans. Ideally you should be able to slide the foreskin fully back freely both with the penis flaccid and erect. This is for cleaning and for normal sexual function. If you haven't been doing this regularly in the past then, as you say, the glans will be sensitive and perhaps the foreskin is a little tight. From your description it sounds like some of the foreskin has remained behind the ridge, or corona, of the glans with the result that it looks shorter than before. This is normal and nothing to worry about. I would suggest you exercise the foreskin by regularly retracting and gently stretching it, helped with some lubrication like a bio oil or other skin moisturiser. If this remains difficult, flaccid or erect, then a visit to your doctor is a good idea to find out if everything is normal or whether something else needs to be done.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.