Question about freckle

Posted , 3 users are following.

I know I may be just paranoid, but I was wondering if this freckle should get checked out maybe just because it is a little darker on the inside. I just make sure to check my body because I am very fair skinned and there has been melanoma in my extended family.

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I'd go and see your doctor for peace of mind.

I went a couple of weeks ago because a mole thingy appeared out of the blue (I have no other moles on my body), she looked at it through a special instrument and said it was sun damage, not sure myself as I don't sunbathe, I wear long sleeved tops too and factor 50. She just said to keep an eye on it.

• Posted

Hi,  you are not paranoid that's for sure, since it has been in your family and you are fair skinned you should have a skin check once a year, please go get this checked out, I did not have any in my family but I'm fair skin and red head, 2015 I had my first melanoma on my right shoulder just was a freckle had all my life it started getting bigger and darker itched from time to time, I went and it was melanoma, I have to go for a check every six months for the rest of my life, now 4/17/18  just on the end of that scar its came back so having it took out again. hope you find this helpful, take care.

• Posted

I had a freckle on my right shoulder for 30 years, I to am fair skinned red hair, it started changing color and getting bigger, itching, I went to get it checked and it came back Melanoma, had it removed, I have to go now every six months to have a skin checked, you should go get this checked out, best of luck to you

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.