Question about getting results from std

Posted , 3 users are following.

So I've been having issues with swelling on my labia (hard bump) and itchy.. Got a sore from scratching. Went to the doctors. She's sure it's herpes. The doctor took a swab and sent it away. That was a week ago today. They called this morning for me to go in about my results but I was busy tomorrow. She scheduled me for Tuesday next week. So basically two weeks from taking the test. Would this be good news? Considering they aren't needing me in ASAP? Maybe to do more tests to see what happened to me? Just tired of stressinng about herpes for a week. Now waiting another week.

Thanks

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

I heard they call you and tell you every think is fine if it is,!!

The fact she wants to see you probably means you have got somethink that needs treatment if tomorrow isn't important Id go in and see because if it is hereps it can spread like wild fire once they out I haven't had them but seen the pics on hear that's enough , and I also think they keep coming bo so the sooner you treat the less likely you gonna keep having episodes of them

• Posted

If u can't make the appointment I would ring your doctors and ask the receptionist to get the doctor to call you back they can tell you there and then over the phone if there is somthing wrong or if they are ok. Normally if your results are negative the receptionist will tell you on the phone. It might just be yout need more tests but to be sure and find out I would call and ask to speak to the doctor.

• Posted

I have put mine in today how long does it usually take to get results back do you know any one ️Thanks
    • Posted

Your swab results come back in a couple of days what swabs did u have done if u don't mind me asking ?? I had chlamydia gonorrhoea Trichomonas thrush bv all came back fine with in 3 days x

• Posted

Oh right I'm surprised that they have done a chlamydia test with a urine sample because it's normaly only men who are tedted in thus way my doctor told me woman only show up by doing a swab I would go back to the doctors and ask about this and retest using a swab

• Posted

I don't know about that , she just said was it the first catch like soon as you start weeing, they reckon this was enough will hve to see what comes back , only thing is it could be negative then? And I am positive , but I'm getting a smear test soon so im sure that would show up on there wouldn't it, also when your pregnant they check you for stis this was through wee samples so confusing x

• Posted

It is very confusing I don't no if u r like me but I tend to Google everything and end up thinking I'm dieing or somthing I really need to stop lol I've booked in at the doctors again this morning so will ask for u I just want to no what's going on surley it's not normal to have this much I do no a certain amount is normal as it cleans the vagina but it's puzzling me. As for your test if your doctor said it's ok I'm sure u will be fine xx

• Posted

Yes I'm very much like you, at the min I think I have cirvical cancer , polu static overies , stis and other health issues like thyroid problems , I know ?an being stupid and surely if I had a those Id be at deaths door but when ever I put my symptoms in this is what comes up also bartholin cysts ?xx ?Thanks please do ask if the lady can do a test through a wee sample thank you my hands and feet are extremely itchy today first thing I did was Google first thing that came up was gout or blood infections , "great" x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.