Question about H. pylori

Posted , 2 users are following.

I am a 20-year-old woman and I have had a lot of problems with my stomach for about 4-5 years. It is really starting to wear me off and causes me a lot of anxiety. My mother and aunt both had h.pylori and I am going to get the test done in a week as well to see if it is positive. If I test positive, that means my partner most likely has it as well. If I have h. pylori should I avoid kissing my partner until he gets tested and treated as well, as I wouldn't want to reinfect myself, or is it safe to continue as normal?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I do not believe kissing someone can give them digestive infections down the line, kissing is okay.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.