Question about headaches

Posted , 4 users are following.

So I know headache is one of the more common symptoms of anxiety, but I just wanted to ask do any of you experience headaches and if so, do they get worse with physical activity/lifting things/bending over etc? Mine do get worse when I am doing any of these things, plus when I sneeze or cough. Just going up the stairs can trigger a pretty bad headache in me. The reason I'm worrying is because (FROM WHAT I KNOW) tension headache (associated with anxiety) is not supposed to get worse with physical activity, bending over, etc. And so I'm worrying it's not cause by my anxiety. I guess I just need some reassurance.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I get headaches 4-5 times a week .some are really bad some are that bad even a movement is bad .if i bend down .the pain is awful .i suffer from anxiety and worry .i always think its worse then what it is
    • Posted

Hey, same here. I know this is most likely caused by anxiety but I've read way too many things about types of headaches and what is typical for them and what not.. Especially when the pain is severe as it often is I have trouble believing this is from anxiety. But thanks.
  • Posted

Hi katharsis, I agree with other member it's anxiety headaches, I suggest you seek advice from your gp.
  • Posted

I had a headache for 3 months just over !! My headaches was the same as bending ect would cause sharper pain I even had thumping at some points could be migrains especially if you feel Dizzy woth them too xx
    • Posted

Hey, thanks for the reply. I'm also having headaches for quite a few months, it sucks doesn't it lol? When the pain is bad I do feel dizzy and woozy, but I never thought of migraines because I'm never nauseous or stuff. And the pain isn't throbbing but constant deep dull sometimes pressuring ache. But it could be migraine, who knows..xx
    • Posted

I think they is different forms of migrain my headaches started again today im not too sure whether my sinus is playing up again but I feel sever nausea and dizzy today I also noticed I bough lillys maybe it's allegeries so many things it could be and so many things to worry about but I know migrains can last month's on end .

migrains can cause a lot of symtoms and I have noticed mine are all diffrent hope you get relief soon xx

• Posted

If your head hurts when bending it could be your sinuses.

Have you had them checked recently?

• Posted

I know, that's why I'm worried about my sinuses. I don't see why I would all of a sudden have problems with my sinuses, I haven't got a cold or flu or anything lately and I never had any problems, so I can only think of the worst possible options, like fungus poisoning. Lol, my health anxiety is bad. I haven't had them checked yet. But I only have a headache, no nasal discharge or congestion or face fullness, so idk rolleyes

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.