question about heart and pulse rate?

Posted , 3 users are following.

okay so i’ve got health anxiety and one of my obsessions is constantly checking my pulse in my neck and heart beat! isit normal for it to sometimes feel weak? like you can feel it beating but it’s not as strong as usual!? or could that just be a normal pulse and heart rate that i am thinking is too weak because or the other times it beats hard? i don’t really get any other symptoms when it feels weaker than usual either! so confused! 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

well, how much is your pulse rate...?

i did samething at one time..

checked heart.. felt weak .. and because i felt weak.. i deepened the thought of weakness in my consciousness..

so for many years.. my days were filled with thinking myself as weak and avoiding people..

but there is a way out..

replace thought of weakness with thought of strength..

and you will feel strong..

i mean "really strong"

it is time you learn about power of thoughts..

• Posted

Hey jak,

Well for starters have you gone to see a doctor? Next, are you taking anthing for your anxiety? If not, are you practicing any cognitive therapies to battle you affliction? Anxiety can be a real scary thing but your still here and the cause of it. You really should get help if you can't control your anxieties. Dude there are plenty of meds out there that help. One more question; are you drinking excessively or using any other drugs to offset the anxiety? The reason I ask is because withdrawal can be the main cause of your anxiety.

Keep in touch,

Damian

• Posted

hello damian,

yes i’ve had full blood count blood test i’ve had blood test to check all my organs i’ve had a stool sample test, urine test, ekg test and 24 hour ekg test which all of came back normal! however despite all of this i am convinced i still have something physically wrong with me like the tests were wrong or the doctors are missing something or they are wrong blah blah! i was prescribed sretaline but stopped taking it as i didn’t want to have to take meds to make me feel normal! i’ve have used cocaine in the past numerous times yes which obviously doesn’t help but whenever i am out with my mates and drinking i find it very hard to resist! despite saying the ekg test is normal i am certain af time my heart feels different or weird or more faint than usual! can that just be anxiety? 

• Posted

Jak you should give everything a rest with the mates when it comes to drinking and definately lay off the powder. Get your head right and see where the stress is coming from. If you don't like hearing it from doctors. Cardiologists hate cocaine because what it does to the heart. Try talking to a shrink if you have trouble figuring out what is troubling you because you can't fix a problem with the same mind that ceeated it and your mates won't let you think there is something wrong. Imo.

Best of luck,

Damian

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.