Question about heart palpitations

Posted , 7 users are following.

I know we almost all have this,  but curious....

Has anyone has increased heart rate/palpitations for like 3 days straight?

Not a "lot" of other issues with it, other than how u feel when they're there, but just constant?

Seems like they start the last few days right after I wake up, and continue periodically throughout the day, and are worse when I'm concentrating on them.

Can't go to doctor, no $$ BUT....I do notice this happens to me every month for a few days AFTER my period. 

Oh- another new one....really wanna know if anyone has this...random strange little pains in the neck area? Like sometimes by collar bone, or ON the neck? Almost feels like a nerve or something , doesn't stay in one place and isn't horrible- just freaky.

I didn't used to get the "random" pains people on here talked about but now I notice they're starting.

Also- last two months period has only last 4 days whereas my whole life it was one full week.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

During my darkest days I would take my bp and heart rate several times a day. My heart rate was always super high even when I would just wake up in the morning. It lasted months. 

My temp was always sub normal and my bp always very low. 

I don’t get the heart palps anymore. 

• Posted

Well I was on vacation when the palps came on full force and I had just finished my period too I would get a flutter here or there but this was almost constant I was like omg I’m dying and I’m in another state so I started looking things up and saw the Epsom salt baths helped some people with the palps so ran to the store and got the Epsom salt used two cups and sat for a half hour low and behold it helped when I came back home I bought magnesium which really helped haven’t really had them maybe once and a blue just look for a specific magnesium because some can have a bathroom effect I also can say it helps with my anxiety too tho if it gets that bad I do have Xanax I was a nurse so you can only imagine I didn’t need to google cause I had every crazy scenario going lol!!! The symptoms are worse some days then others it sucks I just keep hoping it will end soon the symptoms were very subtle when they started about five years ago I will be 49 in a week the last two years have been sucky to say the least I just try and take it one day at a time 
  • Posted

What this indicates is perimenopause.  Periods will change in cycle length, and flow length.  Eventually you'll skip on here and there.  A shorter flow length as you are describing is generally indicating lower estrogen levels than you are used to having.  But next month, you could have a full 7 day periods again.  

And yes, heart palps also indicate a lower estrogen and also, progesterone level.  I had them a lot when I went into peri.  Most all of this is freaky.  It's like we don't know our bodies any more.  

• Posted

Thank you for that explanation :-) 

It's always helpful to be reminded we're not dying today lol

I appreciate all of you!

• Posted

I have had them also for a few years. Have not had them lately. I don't know if my body balanced out..but I so disliked them. I really did not like !! You are not alone. It does feel like you don't know your body anymore.

• Posted

I am 61 years old and now 10 years postmeno and can tell you this is all normal I had them for years on and off more on than off for many years had my heart checked several times and all clear....take at least 400 mg of magnesium glycinate its easily absorbed by the body and its a natural muscle relaxant so it helps tons with palpitations, anxiety, and helps you get much needed sleep if taken at bedtime ...and just so you know there is light at the end of this crazy meno tunnel and we all get there eventually 😊

• Posted

Thank you so much! :-) 

I don't know what I'd do without this forum!

• Posted

I know what you mean it helps so much to talk to others that are going through all the same stuff as you....it helped me so much 😊

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.