Question about lab work with high wbc

Posted , 3 users are following.

so I've had issues for months. my lab work this time around says negative for chlamydia gonorrhea trichomoniasis no fungal elements present no clue cells present it only says my wbc is high from the swab she did. I've had tons of irritation. tested negative for bv and yeast infections the last two months. I've been trying to get ahold of my doctor for the last week almost because she prescribed me a cream before the results came back supposed to suppress immune system.. like a steroid. but it says don't use while breastfeeding and I am. she also hasn't returned my call back since she got my lab results. can anyone with medical experience help me out? what could it be? what questions should I be asking? this is mu GP. should 8 be demanding a referral to a gyno? I'm so stressed after months of this and no answers

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

• Posted

it means u have some kind of infection

• Posted

and your immune system is working to try and fight it off

• Posted

noted that this all started happening after sexual encounter. Doctor said no signs of std any ideas what kind of infection it could be? ddo I just ask to take antibiotics? I am SO stressed over this

• Posted

not a clue weird how the results have all come bck negative but the wbc his high it may something they havnt tested for is it not possible to speak to another doctor regarding your results to find out wats going on

• Posted

did u use the cream at all before having the tests done ? cos that could also have an effect

• Posted

I just don't know what to ask them to test me for at this point. so frustrating. no and I have left many messages and keep getting told by the nurse the doctor will call me back and she still hasn't. I've had no abnormal discharge. no abnormal smells no other pain except for the irritation really. I do keep looking at it and messing with everything because I'm so freaked out

• Posted

very strange all u can do is hope someone calls you back it may be nothing to worry about if they havnt been in touch usually they get in touch if results are abnormal there are other stds such as mycoplasma that rnt tested for usually most stds have symptoms aswel as irritation like discharge and stomach pain etc but u dont seen to have that

• Posted

what is mycoplasma? I'm not familiar. The doctor also mentioned she did not think an std and thought the irritation more likely to be from my constant looking and examining. things aren't quite... as lubricated due to my breast feeding so I am prone to abrasians

• Posted

if wbc are high it indicates that theres pus on the swab u had done which in most cases are caused by a bacterial infection

• Posted

try not to worry about it in some cases its turned out to be nothing an no cause has been found ...so try not to stress out and u have been tested for most common stds and infections mycoplasma is an std but again it comes with other symptoms can u repost when u know more and have spoke with the doctor

• Posted

I will! hopefully tomorrow fingers crossed. thank you so much for you input!

• Posted

no I called again yesterday and still haven't received a call back. I'm quite frustrated.

• Posted

my doctor called and said that the wbc count could be for a number of things. She said she just wants me to use tacrolimus ointment for two weeks and call her I'd things dont improve

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.