Question about Lumph Nodes, please read!

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello,

to keep a long story short my current physician and I realized my prior physician did not share all of my ultrasound results with me from February. in the results it noted "multiple abnormal lymph nodes in axillary region". does anyone know what this could mean? have you ever had abnormal lymph nodes and it turned out to be nothing?

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

"Abnornmal" can also be because of their size, not all the characteristics.

I have been worrying for my health for more than 1 year now.

First , in August 2017, I had my wbc and lymphocytes elevated for the first time. Then I repeated the test in November and December and they were still elevated. Then in April 2018, the blood test was normal but to the acceptable upper limit. In September 2018 they were elevated again, also in November 2018 so I decided to go to a Hematologist. She saw my blood tests results and then ordered lots of tets for infections which all turned out negative. She checked my lymph nodes and said they were normal . After a few days I started to check them (December 2018) and I found a 1 cm post cervical lymph node. I had 2 ultrasounds , there were more little lymph nodes but the docs said they are normal. She said it is nothing to worry.

In March 2019 I had blood tests done again, also elevated wbc and lymphocytes . In September 2019 and November 2019, same, elevated wbc and lymphocytes.

I forgot to say that in April I discovered 2 more lymph nodes about 2 cm each in anterior cervical neck area. Ultrasound said it's fine. They didn't want to order a biopsy even though I insisted. I don't know when I will be fully worry free.

After the holidays I will have some more tests and I will go to another Hematologist.

• Posted

Hi Andrea,

Thank you for responding to me! It really sucks we are in these situations. After a second ultrasound they ruled the lymph nodes as normal. they noted they are large but appear normal, the largest being 3cm. I am in a lot of pain in my left armpit, shoulder, and ribs. Everything feels swollen and inflamed, but the surgeon decided a biopsy is not necessary.

I have seen an oncologist/ hematologist, she practices both. She was not concerned. I feel lost and the pain is becoming unbearable.

• Posted

updating. Although I have pain in multiple places and lymphnodes up to 3cm in length, not diameter, my doctors continue to advise against biopsy. I feel like they are just waiting for more symptoms to appear.. My GP said to get a myofacial massage (may be spelled wrong) and prescribed anxiety medication. Apparently diameter is what concerns doctors most, and lymph nodes can be up to 3cm in your armpit an be normal. odd they are only in my left though!

Andrea, how are you doing?

• Posted

Hi!

I am fine! I stopped worrying so much.

You should stop too!

I understand you but worrying does not make any good.

Maybe I will go to another Hematologist but I am well now.

• Posted

That is good to hear! so you still have the swollen nodes but found a way to stop worrying? what's your secret?

• Posted

Yeah , I still have them.

The secret is to stop searching on the internet and stop talking about that. Trust me, you will be more relaxed if you stop Google .

• Posted

Yeah I really need to stop. It's my new years resolution. 😃 thanks for chatting with me.

• Posted

Update. Surgeon has decided to biopsy the largest, 3cm, in my armpit. He said to rule out lymphoma and other diseases. As I have been suffering pretty severe pain in the armpit and ribs area.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.