Question about my ankle feeling ?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Had Surgery about 5 month ago on my ankle currently in therapy seem can’t walk to far without stiff and alittle limp from time to time  concern on how long will It be and I’m 19 yrs old will I be normal again walking far and running always have 2  Syndesmotic screw

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Kevin!

I had ankle surgery four months ago and I'm walking with the aid of a cane , limping all the time. I attend PT three times a week, and I am a lot older than you.  I've been told by six months, I should see a big improvement. You will be normal again, especially since you are very young. 

The ankle, from what I am reading, is a tough break to recover from. 

Good luck and think positive thoughts. 

• Posted

Hi kevin, 

You are lucky in a way, you have your youth on your side. Your bones are still strong and will bounce back quickly. Just keep doing what ever your doc and your PT person says to do and you'll be fine. Don't push  yourself to much. Limping is normal. Stiffness is normal. You have to work that ankle daily. I work mine at least 2/3 times a day with resistant bands I got from Amazon. They are wonderful for when you are sitting there bored and or stand up and do some stretches. Look it up on You Tube! Got me pretty far. Saw my doc the other day and he said my ankle is very strong now! YEA. Now to get rid of the pain and walk further distances. 

You'll get there! 

Have faith and don't push to hard!

R

• Posted

Thank you for the advise you made me feel good the screw that’s staying in my ankle won’t affect me
  • Posted

ive had surgeries on my ankle and if your having stiffness make sure its no its not on the back of heel. when you aren't using it the achellies tendon get shorten up, I didn't know so after last surgery for a ankle fusion not even 2 days out of boot I rupture my tendon. now possible another surgery and additional 6-8 weeks in cast. So if there is swelling ,stiffness make sure your know what it is. the stiffness in ankle is normal but any other places is not. Simple exercises on the tendon will help and water is the best exercise to loosen your muscles. feel better soon 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.