Question about pain from night splints

Posted , 3 users are following.

Wondering if anyone else has had this problem. I've tried night splints, and they make a big difference. My feet feel much better and calves less horribly tight and sore. My left foot responds without any pain to the splints. But however gently I splint the right foot, I'll feel an agrivated and inflames tight feeling at what I think is the insertion point of the plantar fascia in the inner side of my heel. Has anyone else experienced this?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi-Used plastic boots/night splints purchased online from Amazon over a couple of years cured me. It made a difference the first night I wore them-keeping the tendon at right angles to the leg whilst asleep and allowing the tendon to gradually repair-far better than any other professional medical treatment I received.
  • Posted

Hello Maxy. I'm over 4 weeks over a PF release surgery so I've tried everything on the run up to my operation. In regards to the night splints. Again I tried these but found them too bulky and I regularly twisted my knee. However after my 4 week check up the nurse that took off my cast made me a new one in the shape of nightsplint and put it in a padded strap. Huge comfort difference.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.