Question about probiotics during period

Posted , 4 users are following.

should i continue taking vaginal probiotics during my period for my bv? or is it pointless and should i wait till my period finishes?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

i would wait. Give yourself and body a break. when you start having a lighter flow then id start again. Continue taking oral probiotics. i think giving your body breaks is important. ive been bv free for about 6 months now.

• Posted

Oral i used VH essentials probiotics with prebiotics and cranberry. vaginal i used vh essentials suppositories. i did this with and after a round of clindamycin oral.

• Posted

i just started taking the vaginal probiotics two days ago, thats why i dont really want to stop as soon as ive started because id like the smell to have gone down by the time my period is over.. and it just started yesterday. but if anything ill just wait till the flow is lighter. and congrats ! thats amazing, hoping for the same results

• Posted

yes im on them aswell dont stop taking them u have to give them a few months to kick in.seem to be working for me so fare

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.