Question about some perimenopause symptoms

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hey there,   So I have been in peri since about July 2016, I was put on birth control back in Dec 2016 to help with my sadness, crying, etc.  Each month I got a little better and after a little over 3 months I was 95 % back to my normal self.  I would have sadness issues here and there but nothing major, and nothing that I couldnt handle. The sadness feeling wouldnt happen that often, and wouldnt be as strong.

So now, heres my ?'s:  I have missed my last 2 "periods" (April&May) and no im not pregnant, I felt 98 % normal during this time, well now the past 3-4 days I had a little more sadness than normal, and had a crying episode on monday (neither were as bad as in the past) I figured that my body maybe "backed up" lol so thats why I had the crying issue. The past 2 mornings from when I get up till about an hour and half after im at work my sadness goes back and forth and some times a little stronger.  I was wondering if anyone felt this way, or why I feel this way.  Im thinking that it just my hormones getting out of balance again.  Any thoughts etc?  Thanks so much and Im so sorry if this post is confusing.. 

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi Amy, can totally relate and bit of coincidence you wrote this. I had a lot of mood swings and crying etc with Peri menopause. To cut a really really long story short iv been on BHRT for about 4 months and been feeling good but had some spotting for 3 days which stopped yesterday but then the crying started. Mostly last night then on and off thismorning in between going to the gym, shopping and getting ready for work. Lucky I didn't start work till midday. It came in waves and I'd cry then stop quite quickly. At work now and I feel ok, just a bit low. I know its my hormones doing something stupid again but I really didn't expect it after feeling good for quite a while. I have a checkup in a couple of weeks for my BHRT so it'll probably get adjusted again. When I started BHRT I was told I'm post menopausal but now I'm spotting. I really could've called in sick and sat at home feeling sorry for myself but if I'm going to have these hick ups along the way as I get my hormones sorted I know I have to find a way to deal with it. But it sux..

Hope this helps a bit.

• Posted

HI there,   OMG this does help me so much...  We are so very similar. I 100 % agree with you about hey I could stay at home etc, (I have thought about it a few times) and the fact that we are going to have hickups along the way.  There is no perfect pill/treatment etc.  It really just sucks that when you start feeling well and then BAM... back on a rollercoaster again.  I just keep telling myself even with these little issues Im so much better than I was months ago I remind myself its ok to cry there is nothing wrong with crying and that hopefully soon this will all be in the past and I will be back to 100% me again.  I am just hoping that it doesnt take me 10 years to get there smile 

Hugs ,

• Posted

Hey Amy, I'm so grateful you responded. Felt bad when I woke up today, actually had a cry. Took about an hour thismorning to feel ok but I'm also trying to deal with a person problem that's reared its ugly head again and I find when my hormones are being stupid I can not deal with this at all. I'm trying hard to hide this from my boyfriend as I can't answer questions at the moment because I might be over reacting, I definitely over react when I feel like this. But I'm not good at hiding my feelings. Like you I'm definitely better than I was and the horrible feelings do pass more quickly now. But I admit that I get scared that I'll never sort it out completely. The one thing that has changed is that I can force myself to get on with my day and I know there are good days ahead. Sounds like you are experiencing the same thing. THANKYOU THANKYOU again for your post. I'm going to work soon and I'll be ok..you will too!!

• Posted

Hey, Remember its ok to cry, just let it happen... smile   Hormones def make our normal issues worse, and it drives me crazy not being able to deal with things the way that I used to.  I was the strong one, I could handle anything, ugh now not so much.   I would try and share some of what you are dealling with, with your boyfriend.  Having the support and understanding helps so much.  I am so grateful that my husband is understanding with all of my issues.  Dont get me wrong there are still days where he drives me nuts LOL but then we have a chat to get him back on track.. LOL  Plus sometimes we just need a HUG.   Sending you a HUG.... 

One day at a time, before we know it this will all be behind us,  I just wish it would hurry up.. LOL   smile

• Posted

Yes you are right. I do let myself cry when I need to. Its important not to fight it too hard. My boyfriend is great and he always asks how I feel so I explain best I can to him. I know when I was at my worst he found it hard to watch and now that I feel more balanced I understand why. Pretty sure I came across as completely unhinged on more than one occasion..lol. You sound like us..he makes me crazy then I love him to death..lol I know I'm heaps better than I was and as my boyfriend said the other day, I might never be perfect and that's ok. Think we also need to remember that we will have crap days with or without hormones..that's just life.

BIG HUG BACK AT YA!!!!!!

• Posted

OMG you are so right, we def sound allike...  And I love what you said about we all have crap days with or without hormones, that is just life.. Sometimes I forgot about that..   Heres to another day foward.. smile
    • Posted

Hi There   Just wanted to check in with you and see how you were doing.  I hope that everything is good.   smile
  • Posted

I can't really understand how you missed two periods on birth control. What type of birth control? Pills? Did you take the pills in the wrong order?

• Posted

Hi.. I am on Lo Loestrin Fe 28S...   I didnt take any in the wrong order, nor did I miss any.  I really dont think much of it with being in perimenopause and not really having a normal cycle etc..  The first 3 months on "the pill" when I did get my period it was light & moderate.   I did some searching on line and from everything that I have read it is very common to not get a period while on the pill etc..   

• Posted

Oh okay. That helps me understand. Like someone else said, we are all so different, yet the same in many ways. I think like you said, the pill, perimenopause, etc. affects everyone different.

I hope you are having a "happy" day and feel better. We are all hear to help you through bad days.

• Posted

I have said this to a friend the other day, im ok with nothing in the cellar, but I hate what goes in the attic.  ( I hope that makes funny sense)  LOL  I am having a "happy" day today thanks so much... I love everyone here, everyone is wonderful and so friendly, it means alot to me.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.