Question for all

Posted , 4 users are following.

How many of us can put our hand on our heart and say, with certainty, that we can let go of our anxieties?

I think this a vital and fascinating question.

I maintain my stance that anxiety energy will happily leave us when we allow it. The problem is that we and our issues have become so attached that we don't know how to realise the destructive energy.

I know from experience that we are not taught to let go. Society has become all about attaining things then keeping hold of what we have. When we have something we don't want we have no idea of how to release it.

I wonder what others think of this.

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Well said ...don't disagree with a thing.

Answer to you question (albeit rhetorical): No, I for one person hand on heart cannot.

Please may I just share a humble thought of mine ..not saying I'm right, its just how after so many years of never being truly free of poor mental health I feel so bruised n battered and lost..

I'm of the mind (rightly or wrongly) that the only true and definitive end to poor mental health/anxiety will come through eliminating somehow what some in the medical and DNA field are suggesting is a 'faulty' gene ..that is passed down and can miss a generation too, even be present in one twin and not the next. This fault ..this 'weak link’ makes the individual ( say the 1 in 10 of us for example) disproportionately more likely or should I say have a propensity of suffering poor mental health (which occurs once triggered by one of more tragic/traumatic events). Once anxiety or depression etc strikes ...it will forever be a demon ..dark cloud, the life destroying nemisis that always lurks in the shadows and will call again whenever it likes and certainly when one faces a challenging life event.

Best we can hope for now are finding strategies to cope ..and yes riding the pain of anxiety until in naturally dissipates of its own accord.

Just humble thoughts from someone feeling pretty lousy right now..

Best wishes

• Posted

Karl is 100% correct, and I do know that he suffers badly with these issues.

So what is the answer, well basically it is easy to say 'let go', but let me assure you that is far from easy to put into practice?

What works is basically what works for YOU, as every human being is different and we all adopt different coping mechanisms.

If you ever do find a 'one hat fits all' solution, then you will make a fortune.

• Posted

I wish there was a one size fits all cure to our suffering. Unfortunately I don't believe there is the will within general society to find one.

I think the fact that anxiety energy will fade, when we allow it, is empowering because it means it is technically possible to ease our pain.

I use hypnosis and meditation to help release my energies. I am have had success and am down to my core anxiety which is causing major problems.

It is empty dark feeling that caused me to take my life a couple of years ago (by a fluke I was found and hence why I am still here)

This anxiety is as bad as it get and is stronger than me. But I see if want it gone then I must find a way to let it go. Holding on to it will not end happily.

• Posted

I can understand how you have reached this level of quantative reasoning, and it is excellent that you have personally managed to find a partial mechanism that works for you.

Mental health issues are a serious player in our society at the moment and I know that many sufferers are not quite as determined in finding a workable solution as you have been simply because they do not have the strength to do so, so let me say to you - well done for your progress so far and keep up the good work.

Surrender never works. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.