Question for ladies

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hey girls!

Super personal, anyone get it on the labia and if so, is it a little different than elsewhere? I'm getting smaller bumps that don't feel like ingrown hairs. Going to the Derm, but wondering if anyone has experienced it there? Or if maybe if something else (I've been std tested recently so not that). Thanks for the help!

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I have had flare ups in the groin and on the outside of my private parts before. I only once had an abcess on the inside of the labia and that was a nightmare.

If you are getting small bumps on the inside of the labia, they may not be HS. Are they quite hard?

• Posted

No, they're on the outside of the labia. doesn't look like the big boils I get on my upper thigh though. It's hard like if it was cystic acne.

• Posted

I have had that in the past. Theu usually clear up on their own although it takes a while. Let us know what the dermatologist says about them.
    • Posted

Hey! Just an update- went to the derm and it was of no help unfortunately. It was a guy and he wasn't really one to get up close and look at anything. But just said "yes you can get it on your labia" so- sorry not much help! I did get treatment for HS which I'd never done before, got on some topical meds as well as antibiotics so we'll see (differin cream).

• Posted

Hi, good to hear from you. How do you feel now that  you've seen him?

?Unfortunately this is the experience a lot of people have when they see an "expert", it feels very impersonal. But at least you have taken that step and you've been given some treatment.

?Give the treatment a chance to work, see what effect it has.

?I'm really pleased you went.

• Posted

hey there,

unfortunately it's not uncommon in that area. mine began on my inner thigh and traveled up to that area, which is now the main area of concern.

look into any possible food allergies you may have. many people around here have found their trigger. it's not enough to get this thing to go away completely, but it really helps. i'm very much gluten intolerant so as long as i stay away from all of that it's fine. i ate a sub sandwich like two weeks ago and i was lopsided and couldn't walk for days!

• Posted

Thanks! I do have food allergies and should look in to being more careful. It's peanut but not life threatening, so I'm not always great about checking for peanut oil etc in things, I just avoid obvious peanut butter sources. That probably will help a lot- thank you!

• Posted

Be careful with peanuts! I tested positive for them years ago and my allergist said I could have a PB&J today and be fine and then have one tomorrow and it could put me into anaphalactic shock. Don't use peanut oil from Asia, but others are okay because they're so refined there's no peanut left in them.

• Posted

i have spent the better part of this year, after two failed surgeries, figuring out what triggers it for me. i keep a food journal coupled with a period / symptom tracker - i have recently realized that, following my diet extremely strictly provides HUGE relief, and the only flare ups then are the days i ovulate.

putting it together with a period tracker was what really shed some light on it for me. and the ovulation swelling is 2-5 (on a scale from 1-10), for about 24hrs, whereas diet can easily cause 8-10 types of flare ups. for me.

there is a pattern to this. it's a matter of closely monitoring ones self for where the pattern lies.

• Posted

There are bartholins glands at the bottom of the vagina that my gynecologist said wasn't HS related that I have flare up sometimes. I think he said they were at the 5 o'clock and 7 o'clock area? Can't remember but they're towards the bottom. I used to get them more often when I wore tampons but since switching to menstrual cups it's more uncommon.

• Posted

Yes, the Bartholin's glands are at 5 and 7 O'Clock! You can't see these glands, but sometimes they give a problem. You can get a Bartholin's cyst, which is small and hard, and these usually go away on their own and don't cause problems. Sometimes though they can get

? infected and become abcesses, and that is unpleasant, but it isn't HS related, as the gynae said.

?Definitely if there is anything going on there though, whether it's HS, Bartholin's or anything else, stop using tampons, ease off on sex, and don't use anything like bubble bath or scented products for washing.

• Posted

Hi There,

?I was checking this website to get some information about HS disease for my 16 years old daughter. She is developing these rashes on her upper thighs( inner, on and behind her legs) and they start as a small rash and then they get like boil with white head which you can feel a hard bump under the skin. They pop and after a few days the go away. She developes them on different spots on her legs so far. Dermetologist said we have to wait to see if she has stage 1 HS or she has folliculitis. I read your reply that yours started on your thighs and then speared to other part of your body. Could you please tell us how long did take to spread to other part of your body and if you experienced the same problems as my daughter.

?Thanks for your help.

• Posted

Hi, I just posted a similar q. I am stage 3 and getting when in the opening area and never had one quite there before. As for the top area I get them all the time. Basically I just let them go til they explode and keep it very clean. God this disease is awful! Please keep me posted on anything you learn! Wishing you the best!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.