Question for ladies. Hem banding while having your "Visitor"?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I'm glad I found this board,since I don't want to wait until Monday to call... can u still have Hemorrhoid banding done while on your period ? Sorry if it's a silly question just want to make sure there's nothing that gets in the way of the procedure and they'll send me home. thanks!!!

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Well since everyone seemed to have disappeared on this board,and im not a female. Ill try to answer as best i can. Im pretty sure it wont make a difference,as its a separate orifice. I'm 20 days out since I had my banding procedure, still uncomfortable and have had a couple setbacks with constipation. Im certainly not in pain,more uncomfortable. Im also not going crazy so much, knowing i just had a few internal hemorrhoids. I personally feel the recovery they tell you..."2 weeks" is just a general idea. Everyone heals different. Ive read thread's of people after 4 weeks still hurting. I also am doing everything possible to not be constipated. Tons of water,fruit, vegetables and fiber supplement. along with stool softener at night. It's surly been a interesting few months. I wish i hadn't waited 3 months.

• Posted

I've had banding done a couple of times and although they are separate orfices and it shouldn't matter, I would recommend waiting till your monthly visitor goes away. At least for me, I have a lower tolerance for pain and already highly irritable during my monthly visitor and you don't want to add to it if you can help it. The banding procedure should be moderately uncomfortable with some mild pain but during that time might be worse. Just my 2 cents. Good luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.