Question for the ladies

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi ladies - I am currently taking 4mg daily of Coumadin and just was wondering if/how anyone's periods have changed from taking it? I am due to get my period any day and I am absolutely dreading it! I guess that's what I get for looking it up online sad Any info/experiences would be helpful. Thank you so much!

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Im on eliquis 2 months now. Last months was not bad but im in 3rd day now of this month and the first 2 days where bad. Heavy with clots. I talked to a few other people including my mom bc shes on warferin and she said it will be hevey. I emailed my hematologist about it and hopefully i get an answer monday.
    • Posted

Good to know. Truthfully since I posted this question I have not had a problem with it. My periods have been pretty much normal other than being maybe a day longer but honestly not any heavier. Thanks for your response and good luck smile 

• Posted

Hi I've been on apixaban for a few months now and not had one period! I'm dreading having one as they were awful before I was taking the blood thinners!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.