Question for the ladies here

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi all,

Just wondered how many of you have experienced late or irregular periods while on Orlistat? I'm on my seventh day and was due my period last Friday, so a week late. Which isn't worrying in itself as I've always had irregular periods up until about a year ago when they finally got regular. I just wondered if it was the tablets likely to be causing irregularity again, or just me lol???

Just wanted to know what other ladies experiences were? Plus I feel quite bloated at the moment, probably because I'm due on, but maybe another side effect??? Bought some Activia yesterday to see if that helps.

Thanks,

Stirky x

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

hey cant comment on the period side as mine have always been all over the place - but maybe worth taking a test just to make sure?#

as for bloating if you are eating more fruit and veg than normal that can cause a bit of wind etc which can make your tummy bloated! ive been experiencing this! HP

• Posted

Hi Stirky7

Haven't had one since January so can't really say but when I was taking them before I did mention it to the MAP nurse when they rang and they noted it down so I think it is a possibility that it could cause irregularities but I'm at the beginning of the menopause so it could happen whenever for me and not be down to the tablets.

Jane

• Posted

Thanks ladies, no I'm not worried about being pregnant as hubby as had the snip. Just wondered if it could be the pills or my body going back to it's usual irregular state lol.

As for the bloating, been feeling better the past two days, think I'm starting to get used to the pills now, day 8 today!

Stirky

• Posted

Mine went from being bang on a month to later and later til it was almost every two months. I stopped taking the tabs recently and my period appeared immediately.

So don't worry, they do seem to mess things up, but it soon gets back to normal. Enjoy their absence!

• Posted

Haven't had this side effect myself but have only been taking the tablets recently. But it is listed as one of the potential side effects in the British National Formulary
  • Posted

I'm on week 8 now and yes i am missing my time of the month, should have been over a week ago now. I'm not complaining though :D
  • Posted

Ah this all makes sense now!!!

Historically I've always been irregular, every 5-6 weeks, and in the last year I've been every 4 weeks, which is great. But my last period just didn't happen until about 6-7 weeks. I'd put it down to stress as I'd just found out I'm being made redundant, but it also coincides with taking the blueys... makes sense now!

• Posted

Yes mine was two weeks late, but got it in the end. Wouldn't mind missing them altogether lol!
  • Posted

Thank you all of you.

I just worked out this morning that I am 2 weeks late. Now, I am usually dead on the date so this is unusual. However as hubby has been snipped I am not worried about being pregnant.

It is good to hear that some of the rest of you are experiencing the same. I was thinking it could be menopause but at 42 I am a bit young. Mind you I had gyno surgery about 10 years ago so maybe that had an effect (all the plumbing is still intact).

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.