Question for those who have undergone Laproscoptic (robotic) Myomectomy

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hello,

I've posted a few times on here but I have not updated anyone on much-  life has been crazy. 

I have one pretty large 8 x 7 x 7 cm fibroid on the top of my uterus, partially embeded. My doctor told me I should be a candidate for the Laproscopic (robotic) myomectomy, which generally yields a faster recovery period than the open abdominal myomectomy.  I go for an MRI tomorrow and a surgical consult on Jan 4th to discuss and confirm a plan with a surgeon. 

I wanted to ask a few questions to those who have undergone this specific procedure: 

From your experience, how long was your total recovery time?  

Specifically, how long before you could return to work? 

(I have an office job, its not strenuous work, but I want to know when I can expect to return from medical leave)

How long before you were able to exercise without limitations?

When did the pain start to subside for you?

And finally, this question is more of a vanity question but my stomach is protruding a bit from where this fibroid is sitting-  I was wondering if anyone has experienced any "deflation" of the stomach after having their fibroid(s) removed?  I wonder about loose skin/abdominal muscle structure etc.

Anyyyyyyy tips for recovery would be greatly appreciated too!  This whole thing is so crazy for me.  I've gotten a lot of encouragement on here but I definitely could use all the help I can get.

Thank you in advance!!!! and thank goodness for this site!!

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hey I am supposed to be getting the robotic myomectomy or the abdominal myomectomy. My current gynecologist said i would need the abdominal one but it requires 6 weeks recovery time. I am a preschool teacher. I am going for a second opinion to see if i need the abdominal one or if they can do it robotically. How was your recovery time for your procedure? thanks

• Posted

I also have fibroid similar to yours. I wasnt having any symptoms till now but in this month my periods got delayed by 6 days and my abdomen, pubis and vulva area became swollen. Gynecologist told me that I have infection in uterus. After taking antibiotics swelling reduced but I still have swelling in these body parts and back pressure specially on the left kidney side. I feel lots of body palpitations when I sleep.

• Posted

hello, I had a 10cm fibroid removed robotically. i had 5 small incisions and only the largest one was painful. I was sore the first two days and but felt fine with iibuprofen or tylenol. after the 3rd day i didnt take anything. i was sore in certain positions but ran errands and went for walks. went back to work at 10 days, on my feet for 12 hr shifts in the ER.

• Posted

also, as others said, the gas pains were unpleasant. i had them around my shoulders. i took simethicone twice a day for the first 2-3 days which helped.

i was really surprised at how easy the recovery was. i was anticipating much worse. from all that i have read, recovery from robotic myomectomy is much easier than open.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.