Question on bunion on right foot

Posted , 3 users are following.

I had bunion surgery two weeks ago, and today I almost tripped over my sister's cat and lost my balance, so I stepped on my whole foot and now I have been on a scale 9/10 like all day and nothing is helping... Has anyone had this problem? And yes I have been icing it from time to time and taking pain medicine but again nothing is helping

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Alicia, 

I am also two weeks post op as of yesterday. I did stub my big toe badly a week ago (tripped on a tractor fork that was on the ground and I didn't see it). I was super scared that I tore the sutures. I did not - thankfully. The trauma was evident though when the doctor removed the bandages and stitches yesterday.  It was a whole new colour of bruising from the trauma.  When I hurt it, I immediately iced it, took pain killers (it hurt so bad I thought I was going to pass out) and kept it elevated. It set me back a few days but it is now on the mend.  I had to wait about two days for the pain to subside. It did. If it still is a 9/10 in another day, I would see your doctor and get an xray.  In the meantime, ice and elevate it (above your heart) and take pain relieve meds.  Let me know how it goes! 

• Posted

I am sorry to hear that! Tomorrow will be 2 weeks post surgery for me and I have fallen four times! Fortunately from what I can tell no.....? If your pain is that great I would say that you should have it ex rayed !

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.