Question on cat scan???

Posted , 7 users are following.

Scan says, possible small airs disease.Noticed sob, last 2 months,....

Off to lung dr i go..... I'm assuming copd....your opinions would be helpful

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Don't be too worried about what CAT scans show, your Pulmonologist will do a series of breathing tests to determine what your lung volume and capacity is and that will better determine how your lungs are functioning. Shortness of breath could be a sign of COPD but keep in mind that COPD is an umbrella term for numerous lung diseases. The important thing is to catch it early so you can make lifestyle changes if needed to. Also a good practice is to write down the questions you want to ask so you don't forget to. Doctors can be intimidating sometimes so it helps to be prepared. Good Luck!

• Posted

Small airways disease isn't copd.  This is entirely different.  Try not to worry though until you have had the relevant tests.  x

• Posted

Hypercat, actually your mistaken, I did some reasearch., Thank you...

• Posted

I am not mistaken.  Copd is an obstructive disease and isn't the same as small airways disease.  

• Posted

Thank you for your kind answers, and of course I have smoked many years, ..scared me enough to quit......

Thanks.

• Posted

Perhaps wait to see what the lung doc says, he will interpret the cat scan results and you can discuss with him or her the way forward and the diagnosis.  

Perhaps you assumption will be wrong smile  

Best wishes to you.

• Posted

Above Should read:

Perhaps wait to see what the lung doc says, he will interpret the cat scan results and you can discuss with him or her the diagnosis and the way forward.

Perhaps your assumption will be wrong. 

Best wishes to you.

• Posted

Hi qwerty - any update from you?
    • Posted

Nope, nothing yet, drs appt next week. I!l know more,
    • Posted

Hope all goes well with your appointment, let us know how you get on.

All the best

• Posted

helo everyone, i have bullies empherseyma and had to have a 3rd of lung removed it didnt show up on xray only thet i had an enfusion 4 weeks later my lung colapsed, if they had given me a scan earler i would not have had so much trouble, i didnt know i had empherseyma until the scan, i havnt smoked 13 years so thought i was ok just kept clearing my throat , and bit of a cough now i have staqge 3 to 4 empherseyma, 

ok for now 

brian

• Posted

Hi Brian, you may want to create a separate post regarding bullous emphysema, I guess that's what you mean.  The CT scan is the one to determine the lung damage and ID which lung problem you have, glad you have had that done now.  I always get copies of my results and tests it helps to keep records for comparison I think. 

How are you managing are you still able to get out and about?

Best wishes V

• Posted

thanks for reply, its nearly 2 years since operation my lung had collapsed 5 times in 4 weeks before it was fixed. I am on  pain meds because of nerve damage and my other lung still has some blisters on it ,I have had  a few chest infections and get very short of breath but im told i was in very bad way so im grateful to still be around doing what i can

thanks for intrest

brian 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.