Question on Clobetasol ointment

Posted , 2 users are following.

i have been using CLOBETASOL ointment for 2 months. When I checked my vulva today, I see a white substance on top of vulva. Does anyone know if the ointment turns white when placed on vulva? THANKS.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

A white substance usually goes along with thrush (yeast infection). Didn't i see in another post that you had been on antibiotics? That can cause thrush. Furthermore, use of steroid creams, such a clobetasol can cause thrush. Certainly, you should take some anti thrush tablets (e.g. fluconazole) while you are on antibiotics to prevent thrush infection. I always get thrush when i use antibiotics, so i always take flucnazole at the same time.

• Posted

THANKS. i only have a little white substance on top of vulva. No itching or discharge. The vulva is very red.

• Posted

my vulva get very red (and sore) when i have thrush. sometimes i have a lot of discharge, sometimes a little, sometimes none.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.