Question on Extra time to hand in forms

Posted , 4 users are following.

I'm starting new claim, it has date to hand form in by, does anyone know if you get extra time with lockdown going on?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I think , if you can, send the form back by date specified. Any covering information that you need to get can be sent separately I think if you cant get what you need straight away. Just explain in a covering letter. Dont forget to get proof of postage...just incase.

• Posted

How can i get proof of posting without paying extra?as im skint and also shouldn't be going out, so don't want to stand in cues for po.

• Posted

Henry,

Proof of posting is free from all post offices. All you need to do is ask for proof of posting and they will give you a receipt. Keep that receipt safe and it's proof it was posted to DWP just incase your form gets lost because this has been known to happen.

Unless you have been sent the letter from the NHS advising you to shield then there's no reasons why you can't go out, just make sure you stay 2 metres apart from everyone you see.

• Posted

Forgot to say, you should also keep a copy of everything you send. Things at DWP have been known to get lost in thin air!

• Posted

Hi,

For reviews the time to return the forms was extended for 3 months but i'm unsure if this also applies to new claims. My advice, if you're able to go out to post the form back or can ask someone to post it for you then you should return it ASAP. They do usually give you an extra 14 days if you ring them. If you want to know for sure how long exactly then you will need to ring DWP and ask.

Make sure you add your name and NI number to everything you send and send supporting evidence with the form because they rarely contact anyone for this.

• Posted

Yes, 3 months extension for handing in forms applies to new claims as well.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.