Question on how long to use steroid during outbreak

Posted , 8 users are following.

When I have an outbreak of LS, how long should I use the Clobetasol?

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Jackie, it depends on what kind of shape you are in. 

Often when someone is first diagnosed you need to throw everything at it to get things under control.  Many of us usually have the white plaques of skin, itching, cuts etc and so the usual course of treatment would be twice a day for a week, then perhaps once a day for a week, then alternate days, then twice a week and so on.  Everyone is an individual and so you need to tailor the treatment to suit yourself.

For example, a few years ago I can remember waking up with blisters running all the way up the crack of my butt and so I treated it with the clob twice a day for four days because I felt that was an extreme symptom.  Sometimes if I get pain in my clit I put the cream on morning and night for two days and then alls good.  So you really have to make that decision for yourself sometimes because you dont want to apply the cream everyday for weeks when there is no real need for it.

What kind of shape are you in?

• Posted

Being new to this forum, I sure learned something: there is a whole lot of off topic back & forth that doesn't have anything to do with the question you originally posted!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.