Question on Perenium

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have a question - I don’t understand perenium reconstruction. Can someone or several of you explain where, what and how this is done??? 

Thank you! Thank you!!! 😊??

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jaquetta, 

The perinium is the shirt but if skin/tissue between the vagina opening and that anal opening.

It can be torn during childbirth and left weak. Or just like everything else in the pelvic floor can weaken due to menopause when ligament weaken due to lack of hormones.

I'm not sure how they fix it but would think it would be similiar to all the other repairs where they tighten up the lax/prolapses tissue.  Their should be something in the notes pinned at top of forum page I'm sure they explain the various repairs x

• Posted

Mine was done at the same time as rectoenterocele repair & SSF. Internal & external stitches but as everyone is different you would need to ask your surgeon what they plan to do. I was told that potentially it could be quite painful but it wasn’t too bad at all really. 

• Posted

I had a rectocele repair on 2/27/2018. Deep down inside I have pain, burning and itching. It just started, is that’s apart of the healing process??? Plus I get swollen down there...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.