Question please

Posted , 5 users are following.

Please can someone tell me if when you get a tight chest the pain radiates down the back . as i am going to my doctors tomorrow as of this pain thank you .

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jayne,

I get all kinds of back pain, so your pain is probably a symptom of the bronchiectasis. The back is very close to the lungs, so I suppose pain in the back is to be expected. When I'm getting an infection one of the first symptoms is pain in the left side of the lower back. I also get a lot of pain around my shoulder blades. Hope the doctor can advise and re-assure you.

John

• Posted

Thank you John for your comment . Yes i get defaintly have a lot of pain across my shoulder blades especially my right side and under my rib cage .
  • Posted

Hi Jayne

Sorry you are in pain.  I think pain is something that comes with suffering with bronchiectasis .... I haven't found anything that really helps.  My pain is on the left side back and under rib cage left front, although my bronchiectasis is in my right lung middle and lower lobe  Good old fashioned water bottle soothes it a bit.

Hope your Gp can help in some way.  x

• Posted

Hi Trish it makes me feel a little better when I get comments from other bronchiectasis sufferer's so thank you for your reply I'm not sure if my doctor really understand much of bronch take care speak soon x
    • Posted

Hi Jayne

I think you are right, most doctors know very little about bronchiectasis.  Mind you that is no excuse, if they have a patient with it, they should read up about it and gain knowledge!  I do hope you get on ok tomorrow. x

• Posted

Thank you trish . Yes my doctor should read up more about bronch it's horrible when they don't understand x
    • Posted

Hi trish i went to the docs he listened to my chest he said everything was fine he said he think its inflammation of my chest so gave me some inflamatory tablets hopefully they will help if not i'm to go back to docs x
    • Posted

Hi Jayne

Great that you have no infection! 

Did he say what was inflamed??

I have just started taking tumeric tablets, which are supposed to help reduce inflammation.    But I would say be careful taking any additional tablets not prescribed by doc, just incase they react with your current meds! I take very little meds apart from paracetamol or ibuprofen for pain, so am ok to take vitamins etc.

Hope the tablets help settle the pain down, its one thing after another isn't it! 

Still can't get my head round the fact I have bronchiectasis, but as I must have had it for years and didn't know it,  have realised that I can't change things, just got to get on with it!

Take care x  

• Posted

Ah bless Trish it's awful I know but we have to carry on. Doc says inflammation of the chest and ribs you take care to x
  • Posted

Hi Jayne,

My worst pain is across the chest from all the coughing

• Posted

Hi I don't really don't cough a lot but I have a slight tickle in the back of my throat I really am confused.
  • Posted

Hi Jayne,  I have had pain in my left shoulder,don't know if it is from the bronci or just tight muscles.  I want to get a massage and see if thaat helps.   Also get pain in lower back around the kidney area, I think that is when I have an infection brewing, if I have pneumonia, I will get pain in my back behind my lungs. 

Karyn

• Posted

Hi Karyn I keep getting pains in my kidneys I have had two kidney infections all this pain do scare me thanks for your comment x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.