Question regarding morning after pill and period.

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello! I just have a question regarding the morning after pill.

Here is my situation:

I had unprotected sex (I wanna say the 2nd week of October) and took the pill the next morning (I believe it was the "take action" one). About a week later I had a tiny bit of blood that only lasted for like the day. I still haven't gotten my period and according to my Flow app I'm 41 days late. I've taken 4 at home pregnancy tests and they all came back negative. The last test I took was yesterday and the one before that was Thanksgiving.

Is it normal that my period is still not here? Can the pill cause your period to be this late? I'm under a lot of stress too so that could be causing it as well, but I'm just really worried. I'm not having any pregnancy symptoms. My periods are usually regular so this is new to me.

Any help or advice will be appreciated! Thanks!

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.