Question regarding possible copd

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, i have been ill for the [ast 2 years, reoccuring chest infections, constant tiredness, wheezing. I have been put on antibitotics for 6 months, i take half the normal dose and i am on symbicort for the wheezing. The symbicort hasnt helped too much, but slightly. My question is i have been told i have a problem with one of my lungs, and my immune system is lower than it should be, but keep getting told i have asthma, but i had to go to a&e after coughing up fresh blood and the doctor told me i have copd, but keep getting told i have asthma, which i know is rubbish, any thoughts on this would be great :O)

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Oh dear, no wonder you are worried. I wouldn't dream of giving an opinion on coughing up blood, though it could be that you coughed so much it ruptured a small blood vessel and that would bleed. What I can say is that for years I was treated for asthma, so it was in the family about 6 relatives had it so I wasn't surprised. this was 50 years ago and it turned out to be COPD which wasn't heard of in those days. If only I knew then what I know now.. Do you smoke? It would be a good idea to stop now if so. COPD is only caused by smoking as far as I know

I live in england maybe things are different where you live but antibiotics for 6 months, never happened to me. I hope you find something out before too long, best wishes. June

• Posted

Hi. Yes wasnt a great deal of blood but was worth checking out. No im not a smoker. Im sure thats what the doctor said it was yesterday though, going to see my gp tomorrow as the doctor at the hospital said she needs to push for more tests to be done. Oh really? Sounds similar to me, hopefully it wont take as long to diagnose. How are yoh healthwise now if yoh dobt mind me asking
  • Posted

Well I am not so good, in a wheelchair and on an oxygen machine, BUT I have managed to get to be 77 so I can't complain. Best of luck, If you don't smoke you would be very unlucky to get COPD, needs looking into why you keep being poorly. I am off to bed now, good luck with it all. June
  • Posted

Hi. I had pneumonia at 3 months. Bronchitis at 11 years. Asthma followed as an adult. Pleural edema came later with 1.8 liters of fluid removed. Dr said it was caused by inflammation. I took a natural capsule for 6 weeks and dr was amazed to see it gone. Lobectomy (removal of middle lobe from right lung) performed in 2011. Diagnosed with COPD in July 2013. Was wheezing, low energy, in bed most of the day - while

using Ventolin 200mcg, Flixotide 500mcg. And Budesonide 64mcg for nasal polyps.

I had a natural treatment that increased my energy 50 percent in July and August. I had a natural therapy in October that has me feeling yearrrrrs younger, working out every day and walking two miles without resting.

I'm grateful for this and want to tell the world!

Ora at Light Your Lives

• Posted

I take an amazing selection of capsules, drops and drinks. I avoid sulfites, preservatives, smoked foods and smoking areas. I drink lots of pure water. I avoid anything cold and try to always be warm and drink hot things. I'm not on oxygen, antibiotics, or prednisone. I'm 5'7" and weigh 134 pounds. I eat organic as much as possible. I graze. Handful of nuts, seeds, a date, figs, sprouted mung beans, split green pea soup, tomato curry, quiche with organic eggs and variety of vegetables, caffeine-free teas, stevia instead of sugar, raw honey, vegetable soups... I'm grateful.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.