Questions about Achiiles tendinopathy

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've posted before and have been overwhelemed by how kind people are replying so quickly. I'm sorry to post again but I'm really stressed about my achilles.

It's been painful for about 5 months. Has a bump (not bvisible but you can feel it) and GP and physio think it's been caused by overpronation.. I have orthotics which don't really make a huge difference but I have been given eccentric calf raises on the stair to do.

My question is: When I come down slowly on the bad leg off the stair my leg starts to shake and ratchet. The uninjured one comes down smoothly. Is this because of the tendon weakness or because the muscle is weak. I'm geeting paranoid that I have something underlying that is causing the flat feet and tendon problems and before I start demanding a trip to the neurologist I wondered if this was normal?

I've looked on the net but there is no where that covers this. Also my knee has started to hurt and sometimes the achilles leg feels really odd and weak even though it's not ruptured - is this normal? Physio thinks I'm bonkers but I'm so freaked out by this I'd appreciate any input. I'm fine pushing up onth bad leg on toes but I'm starting to think by soleus is weak or that one of the leg muscles is degenerating. Also when I push forward on my bad knee as if to stretch it shakes a bit.

Thanks

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

TO ANONE

can someone please advise me about a comfy chair?

I am having to move from one chair to another to get soe degree of comfort, that is not much at the best of times.

Kind regards

Jean

• Posted

Thanks for tips on wobble board Tim. A physio a while back told me they were good so I'm going to sort.

Jean - I'm not Tim! Also please can we keep this thread talking about achilles tendonitis as I'm really keen to get as much info on other people's experiences. You, swampie and Tim have been really helpful but now we're talking about comfy chairs and I can see this going off on a completely different route.

Thanks

• Posted

I apologise about asking the question about comfy chairs.I did not realise that it would cause upset.

I see the moderator has not objected so I assume that he or she realises the relevence of the question.

In addittion I do not see how asking about a chair breaks the thread.In my professional opinion the question makes people aware of the significance and importance of having correct and comfy seating etc.

Perhaps someone could kindly advise about the type of chair, if any, that they find comfortable in the case where they have sustained an achilles tendonopathy. Posture is very important especially when sitting or lying down.

One needs to be treated holistically and not just as a achilles tendonopathy patient.

Also I thank you for the info you sent on fasiculations and the links to other forums. This has made me over anxious but I have disregarded the sinister conditions.

Jean

• Posted

No problem! Just trying to keep my discussion on track. Apologies if offended. Fasciculations are generally benign as we discussed and I was under the impression from your messages that in answering your questions about my symptoms, particularly your keen interest in my twitching alleviated your anxiety since the site I pointed you to is a great source for people who ARE anxious about twitching. Once again no offence meant. Thanks everyone for your comments about my achilles tendinopathy questions - really helpful
    • Posted

No problem. I too am anxious about these horrible sensations and wonder just how long one is supposed to endure them.

Mine were caused by the inappropriate prescrbing of three antibiotics at the same time.

Jean

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.