Questions about Cystoscopy

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am having a sonogram and cystoscopy Thursday.  If the dr. doesn’t see anything wrong on the sonogram will a cystoscopy still be done?  I have a feeling the answer is , “yes” though I am hoping not!

Will the dr. talk to me about the sonogram before doing the dreaded test? 

Also, I have a headache from all the worrying I’ve done and was wondering if it would be okay to take Advil.  I know w/ some tests, you shouldn't take anything prior.

Words cannot begin to express how thankful I will be when this is over!  I just pray nothing is wrong.  That is what I’m most worried about.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi, try not to worry about the Cystoscopy. They really aren't bad at all. I have them every 6 months now. Hope you get sorted out soon.

• Posted

Thank you so much.  I think it is more the "thought of it!"

• Posted

lve had 2 cystascopes, one with anascetic one without, both were problematic, and quickly done, the anascetic takes a bit longer due to coming round from a sleep, some takes l0min others a bit longer, but it really is quick; and best to know whats causing your symtpoms.  and get treatment to help, goodluck
    • Posted

ps should say none problematic, as near all are, think only ones who have problems are those who are in severe pain when scope done which might make it sore, but for most easy
    • Posted

Thank you for your help.  I think what you say about those who get sore may have more initial pain/ irritation is true.  I will have a numbing gel.  Thank you for taking the time to message me.
    • Posted

Hi my second cystascope was without anascetic, and l was anxious about it , including embarresment aspect, but even that was fine, doc and two nurses who chatted, he did use the gel, the cold shock of it the most uncomfortable part of it, but it amazed me how quick he inserted the camera and l never felt a thing, over in 5min, good luck 
    • Posted

I am glad to hear it is over with so quickly and you didn't feel anything.

?Thank you so much.

• Posted

My procedure is now over!   The only discomfort (if you want to call it that) was the moving around of the camera.  It didn’t hurt just gave a “sore-like” feeling.  When it was removed, I felt no pain.  It felt similar to getting a pap smear.  The first few times of going to the bathroom burned, but now it is fine.  I have drank water and cranberry juice.  I was given one Cipro and 2 packages of Uribel.  Every once in awhile I feel a little twinge in that area but nothing bad.  My ultrasound was good along with that once dreaded cystoscopy.  I am thankful for the good news and that it is over!  Thank you for sharing to ease my mind.  It does help knowing you are not alone and others understand the anxiety.​

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.