Questions about dizziness

Posted , 6 users are following.

I'm having some anxiety today well everyday.  I was curious if anyone with vestibular dizziness finds that when you are sitting you feel as if you are falling?  Feel as if the room is moving in you side vision?  Do you think you see things alittle sideways, I mean like when reading things the lines don't look exactly straight?  I don't know if this is my anxiety causing the vision thing.  

Do you find when your not really so dizzy that suddenly you will feel like a wierd head sensation?  How long does the dizziness last for you?  I have it some days all day then others not at all  then it will hit and last for hours.   Is anyones dizzness just seem to be all over the  place?

Do you have anxiety with it and find that your more anxious now than ever?  Do you find you worry more in general and about your health?

I did start the VRT on tuesday and she has me doing the stand in the corner with a chair or person there and closing my eyes for 2 mins twice 4 times a day, so I can feel the off balance and acept it.  I also move my office chair when I'm sitting from side to side and she said I need to stop that.  Its hard but trying.  She said I am always looking for visual activity so thats part of why i feel like I'm moving all the time.  Does that make sense?

Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks in advance

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Patty  me also ,yes to the chair movement ,I've got a rocking chair ,which doesent help . I avoid moving in it . So I agree with what's said in regards to the chair . I've got MdDS movement ,I've also got permanent neck ache daily , both going every waking hour  I've got tinnitus also . Yes when eyes are closed I get that as well ,doesn't help with anxiety . So your not alone out there . 
  • Posted

Hi patty , yes when I'm sitting I feel like I'm still moving , and I get a weird feeling in my head a lot , almost like there is something trying to shift , I'm do vrt therapy , 
  • Posted

I definitly had the falling feeling when sitting. It seemed to get exacerbated if I was looking quickly up and down, like from a monitor to the keyboard, or top of the screen to bottom. Just horrible, lurching sensation that left me grabbing for the chair arms. 

And the anxiety too. I know getting worked up makes me feel worse, so I do my best to stay calm, but it can be so hard when you feel so out of control and nothing is changing sad I definitely eat healthier and take more vitamins these days too. It's not a worry for me so much as an "I don't want to give my body anything else difficult to handle." 

I hope the VRT helps and you feel better!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.