Questions about RA

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hey ya'll.  First let me say all of my stress test worked out great.  The only thing he found was high cholesterol and I have to have a Calcium test done before he puts me on medication.  So thank you to everyone that answered me other post.

Now a new question...this RA is hard to figure out sometimes.  Does anyone have pain in the shins.  My right one hurts so bad when I put any weight on it...I use my cane but it still hurts,  Also does anyone have pain on the skin...when I take my shower it takes everything I have not to jump out because the pain is bad...One other thing and then I promise not to bother you guys....I went to shave my legs and my hands were so bad I could not hold on to the razor.   It kept sliding out of my hands.  God I hate this disese.  Thanks ya'll Michele

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Michelle

good news about heart.

Can't remember if you take prednisolone, but that can cause increase in cholestral .

How  about the cough and wheeze- any better? I hope there is an explanation or that you are feeling better. In the back of my mind I m thinking it's worth checking it's not a reaction to Humira.

i m afraid I don't have any of the other symptoms you mention with my RA apart from poor grip when my fingers are stiff and swollen. As RA affects joints, can't think why skin would hurt. But hopefully someone else on the forum may come up with a similar experience that could help.

• Posted

Thanks so much for your reply.  I am still coughing and wheezing..seems the heat from the Hot Tub helps but I certainly can't stay there all the time or I would shrivel up. LOL!  I am wondering if I might have azma. After talking to a few familiy members it runs in the family but not till later in life.  I am ssing my primary and my Rhumatolotist this week so will check with them both,  Not sure about the skin thing either.  Will keep an eye on it.  Thanks again for your reply.  Sure do love this place always know I will get an answer
  • Posted

Hi Michelle,

Good to hear that the stress test was good.

Some medications cause bones being more sensitive or easily hurt. I had bone fractures in both legs being on one for just few months. Maybe it has to do with the meds that you are taking? Rest helps these... I never heard about anything skin sensitivity related. It may be a byproduct of your meds. There is (I think an autoimmune) condition that causes low tolerance to any external trigger but it is not related to RA as far as I know... Call your dr. It sounds like maybe your nerve system needs attention. The stiffness is obviously related to RA. Have no idea about other things that you mentioned. Sorry that I could not be of more help. Feel better.

• Posted

Thanks everyone for the replies.  I see my doctor next week so will ask him about that when I go.  I just love this site..so much informattion

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.