Questions about recovery from open myomectomy

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello everyone ,

I am nearly three weeks post open myomectomy. I have to say , if I'd have known how yucky it was going to be I might have put the whole thing off. However , at least my 7 fibroids have been removed I had my first post op doctors appointment with my surgeon yesterday and he said it all looked fine but he said I have a couple still left inside me. Does anyone know why he didn't remove all of them . I'm so worried I might have to go through all this again . He said I have to come back in 6 months to check and then yearly sad

Also, he said I can only walk max 30 minutes a day for the next 6 weeks , surely I can do more than that Does anyone have any advice .

Thanks so much .

Lizzie

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hang in there, 6 months post op and I am a different person. I live much healthier now. It has really helped. I feel so much younger. Xxx
    • Posted

Hi Melanie ,

Thankyou so much . I guess I'm just finding the doing nothing at all really hard cause I am such an active person sad

Did you walk much three weeks post op ? I've been told not to but in other forums it seems it's ok 🤔

Any advice is much appreciated

X

• Posted

I couldn't do much for the first six weeks, I got tired very quickly. Don't push to hard. Remember this was a big op. Be kinder to yourself. I still feel like my stomach muscles aren't connected properly yet. But everything will heal eventually. Relax, recuperate, give yourself time.

• Posted

There are several types of fibroids.  I have two different kinds.  One fibroid is the kind that can be surgically removed and two fibroids are the kind that is embedded in the wall of my uterus which cannot be removed.  Your remaining fibroids might be this type.  I chose not to go through the surgery to remove the one if I was going to still have more left inside.  Unfortunately I didn't know that they would be the cause of ongoing bleeding for over a decade causing serious anemia.  

• Posted

Hi Diana ,

I'm so sorry to hear about your situation, I'm hoping this operation has been worth it , had no choice as one of my fibroids was so huge. it was making my tummy look huge sad

All the best

Lizzie x

• Posted

Hi lizzie1976

I have done my myomectomy in last March 2016..It's really tough to go through it...I was having more than thirty fibroids of every type.but after this surgery I feel very light and my menstural bleeding reduced a lot

I only want to ask about my periods routine...Although my periods are regular but very light...Can anyone tell me it's normal ...

Anyways I M super happy after my myomectomy

Thanks so much...If anyone needs to share I M here

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.