Questions for the ladies : menstruations and anxiety symptoms

Posted , 4 users are following.

So I always have bad anxiety symptoms but they get worse around my period. Today is my first day and I’ve felt complete drained And I had the worst cramps. I noticed though that I’ve been feeling lightheaded like unbalanced and my head feels odd sort of like light and like I rock back and forth ;m(hard to explain ) plus my ears feel weird too. My ears feel full and there’s a bit of a pressure there and at times I feel like my hearing kind of goes away for a second where like it feels like a distant fading away. Ugh this is hard to explain but I’ve been feeling like this and I want to know if anyone has felt this way or what I can do? I also feel tired and sleepy 

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Anxiety is definitely worse when you're on your period. For cramps, I've eaten bananas. They help with the lack of potassium and kind of give you a little more energy. If your ears feel full, it could be blood flow, like when people get hot from a fever but not.

It also depends on your flow. If it's heavy, it will definitely make you more light-headed.

Your hormones can be weird. I promise its normal, no worries.

• Posted

Yes I get like that too! You explained it good. I think that head sensation is apart of vertigo.. But all in all... Anxiety. If you don't mind me asking... Dp you have obsessions over these feelings? If so.. What do you think they are?

• Posted

Honestly I feel like I do. I’m constsntly overthinking things . Like I’m feeling lightheaded and I usually feel like I’ve got vertigo. But since I’m on my period and the symptoms get worse , I blame it on the anxiety but then there’s also the what if it’s anemia or what if it’s this and that etc
  • Posted

Hi theyayav,

Hope you don't mind me replying (Im a guy smile ) however looking at your comment "I noticed though that I’ve been feeling lightheaded like unbalanced and my head feels odd sort of like light and like I rock back and forth" is exaclty how I feel. This tends to build during the working day and by the time I leave to go home feel dreadful, very hard to explain my vision feels like in dreamland or something and severe pressure at the top of head.

Have had head MRI scan / visits to neurologist and nothing wrong physically, am currently using medication (Amitriptyline) but still experiencing these problems. I wish I could find a solution as every working day feels like climbing a mountain sad

• Posted

I took the exact same medication a few years back ! I’m sorry you feel that way, it feels awful 
  • Posted

Hi,

Do you mind me how long you were taking this drug for, did it work and what doseage ?

Am currently using 10mg per day (taken before sleep) but still feel pretty bad. Considering going back to the doctors but can they help ? I don't feel like part of the human race at times.......

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.