Questions on the type of medication to treat PCOS

Posted , 3 users are following.

I’m 17 and I just got diagnosed with pcos two or three months ago. They gave me some type of pill so my period can come on then put me on birth control pills to “regulate” my period and horomones. But from seeing all the other women with this diagnosis , not many were put on birth control ... I don’t know if I’m too young to be put on anything else or what. I just want to make sure I’m making the right decision for my body because I heard birth control isn’t good for you.

Should I get another opinion from another doctor instead of this one or should I stick with the birth control and see how it works?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hello, when i was in high school i had all of the symptoms of pcos but the Dr. did not look into it further. She basically put it as being over weight and hormones. But she did give me birth control to make my period come on. I think it worked for a bit. I suggest trying to birth control and also switching up your routine. Since its the summer maybe trying more active things daily and cutting your carbs and sugars. You are 17 so you deserve to be 17. But maybe intake more water and less carbonated drinks and juices. You should also try spearmint tea. They say it helps with hormones. Good luck! So glad you know at such a young age and can try everything you need in order to help yourself. I did not find out until i was almost 30 sad

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.