Questions, questions etc, just want to clear up a few

Posted , 2 users are following.

New experience to me, I am looking at it philosophically but I am a bit of a control freak by nature, I need to know the whole thing, what will happen when I get there, what induction? who will attend and who will be present, can I opt to have drugs or not, can I change my mind mid-way, so many questions.

how do you make this an experience that is not embarassing and awkward?

Pain etc, I treat it like most things Docs say no, victims say yes, Possibly.

if anyone can give me a run down I'd appreciate it,

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

diverticulosis means the presence of diverticulae (pouches) in the walls of your digestive system. it is known as diverticulosis when they are present but do not cause any symptoms. If they get infected it is known as diverticulitis, which is very painful. Your gp will be able to give you a list of foods to avoid (or you can google) Many people have diverticulosis for many years and never have a problem smile
  • Posted

Yes you're right that was how it was explained to me, and I was advised that diet can control this, personally I find a high fibre mix (Bran, Fruit, Probiotic etc) in the form of a smoothie with skimmed milk or fruit juice, half for breakfast, the other half mid to late afternoon after a light lunch means that I am able to eat whatever I want to for evening meals, I've tried this for over 6 weeks now and although it took some getting used to, it's really good now, I have tried extreme meals too, even a hot curry and beer night etc, and not had any problems, so far so good.

It's also a very healthy way to eat, a positive side-effect, I run long distances for my hobby and have found this has helped me with stamina, energy and is great for weight control too. We're all different but concentrate on your diet for benefits over and above any Diverticular condition.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.