Posted , 3 users are following.
Friday morning is my 6 week appointment, so I am trying to prepare a list of questions so I don't forget to ask anything. For background, I experienced a Weber A ankle fracture (no surgery or reduction was required). I had 4 weeks of NWB, three of them in a boot plus two weeks of WBAT after that. I have been able to fully weight bear in my boot for one week at this point (no crutches or cane required). I have no pain and almost no swelling at this point. My ankle flexibility is at 85-90% in my estimation (I have a series of exercises I have to do daily).
These are the questions I came up with... if anyone has any I should add, please let me know:
1) When can I start to transition out of the boot? If I am permitted to begin this today, is there an approach to doing it that you recommend?
2) When can I start Physio Therapy?
3) When can I resume driving my cat (an automatic)?
4) What kind of footwear is recommended for daily wear/exercise?
5) What footwear restrictions are suggested and how long for (e.g. high heels, flip flops, slippers, etc)?
6) I want to start back hiking as soon as possible – will I need a special ankle support, or will good quality high top hikers provide sufficient support?
0 likes, 6 replies