Quetiapine

Posted , 1 user is following.

I have depression, anxiety and panic. Anyone here on Quetiapine? I'm on 50 mg at night just now. I'm also coming off Venlafaxine

in the morning. I'm down to 37.5 mg.

I'm getting some side effects. I have strange feeling in my head, like tight muscles in my neck. Also strange feelings in my body muscles, almost like restless legs

symptoms. My mood changes too, from ok to feeling really down. I also find

that sometimes I find it difficult to sit still for any length of time, especially if I've been moving about before it.

I can't explain it any clearer. It's just odd sensation s.

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

I've been on quetiapin e and it does give you a restlessness.  Hope  it works OK for you.

• Posted

Thank you for replying Richard. Does the restlessness go away? How do you find it? Did the restlessness go away

for you?

• Posted

much of it depends upon what dose you are on. I felt better on a lower dose but Drs want you on about 50 mg to keep the equilibrium.  I'm now on a injection of something else and that works better for me but drugs react differently to everyone.

• Posted

I'm on 50 mg. I also find I can't cry even if I feel upset. I've also lost interest in

a lot of things I used to enjoy, like reading colouring books, using my laptop, (

( I'm just using my kindle) and watching TV shows I like.

The psychiatrist wants me to go up to 100mg in a while.

It's such a weird set of side effects. Diazepam helps with the muscle

feeling but I don't want to be on the diazepam too long and neither does

my GP want me on them too long either. They're the only thing that seem

to help. Any suggestions as to what else might help other than diazepam

• Posted

diazepam is from a family of benzodiazepams that helps calm you.  It is a temporary fix until your main medication kicks in and is addictive, so cannot be used long term.  I think 100 mg is a high dose so keep an eye on body changes once there and review your medication if you are not happy with the side effects.on quetiapine.
    • Posted

Thank you for commenting Richard. My psychiatrist is away until the 19th so I

can't get in touch with her. My GP is reluctant to cha G43 anything until she

Can discuss it with her. I seem to have been like this for such a long time.

I'm getting so tired of feeling like this.

• Posted

Hi Richard. I phoned the centre anyway and spoke to a CPN. She spoke to

one of the other psychiatrist who had a look at my notes and said I could stop the Quetiapine

50 mg, and just take the Venlafaxine twice a day 2 x 37.5 [ 75 mg ] instead.

I phoned my GP who left me a prescription for the Venlafaxine to cover me until I

see her next Thursday. She also said it was ok to stop the Quetiapine and take

the Venlafaxine. Our local pharmacist said the same so that reasures me as he is

very good at explaining things and knows his stuff.

So I'm going to go ahead with it. We have a Glasgow local holiday this Monday so

it will be Tuesday before I can talk to my psychiatrist.

I hope this is the way forward this time as I don't seem to be getting

anywhere with the Quetiapine. I can still take the Diazepam as well as they're only

a low dose 2 x 2 mg.

• Posted

Thank you Richard. I appreciate your comments and advice. I'll

let you know how I get on with the Venlafaxine.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.