Quetiapine and Fluoxetine

Posted , 4 users are following.

can any one help been depressed now for 15 months, this is my 3rd antidepressant in this episoide now on 200 mg Quetiapine and 40 mg Fluoxetine aday by the hospital Physciatrist for depression. just feel this is never ending losing the will sometimes been on this for 2 and a half weeks now. does anyone know when the benifits of the meds start to work.

thanks michelle

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Do yu have a Care coordinator that you can speak to about this - if not speak to your GP?

In emergency you can call the Samritans - or in a case of emergency you can go to A&E. There should always be a duty pdoc there.

I came off Proxac (fluoxetine) because it reduced my sex drive, quetiapine because of its sedative effect.

My only observation would be that changing meds very often is not a terribly good idea for the very reason that it is difficult to see whether they are having an effect.

I hope this helps.

Nick

• Posted

Thanks Nick

will have to see how i go trying to run before i can walk as they say. its still only early days i think. hope alls good with yourself?

• Posted

Where I live there is a college course for people with MH issues which I did for 3 years. Very helpful in that it gave a focus as well as getting me out of the flat. Also I made friends.
  • Posted

Hi Michelle, I do totally understand how you feel it is very hard and frustrating. I changed medication now for the 4th time! Last week my Quitiapine has been reduced nd now been put on duloxateine. Quitiapine reduced from 200mg to 25mg as I take that at nite time with zopiclone and just felt awful next day. Was also on citalopram but that didn't help. Same as fluoxetine and Mitazapen. So really hope this helps so far nothing. Been told all these tablets take between 4-6 weeks. Hope this helps! Be strong you are not on your own just remember that x
    • Posted

Hi Sarah, I hope you don't mnd me asking, but why did you come off quetiapine?  I've been takng it for the last two weeks and I feel like it's made my depression worse.  Thanks Sarah x
    • Posted

Hi, no problem at all. The reason I came off that dosage wos becos it made me feel dreadful in the morning. As well as putting on a lot of weight. My dosage is now 25mg, helps me go off to sleep but then wake up every hour. So sleep wise no better. Hope this helps?!x
    • Posted

Hi Sarah

Only the past week ive felt alot better, dont want to speak to quickly LOL

thought i would never see the day only problem i have now is twice this week ive had trouble Sleeping not needed it up for more than 24hrs at a time, if it carries on i might ring up my phsyciatrist.worried i might have bipola has anyone got any advice please.

• Posted

Hi, glad to hear you are feeling better! Concerning your sleeping I would definately mention it, they are the people that know best! My sleeping is still not very good going off fine but still regularly wake up! This is on 25mg of Quetiapine. Supposed to increase but feel I can't as makes me feel worse! Hope that helps x
  • Posted

Hi Sarah

Thanks for your advice I am back under the Hospital home treatment team as they think i may have Bipola ll. I just feel someone is taking notice and not dismissing what i say its only taken 20 years LOL. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.