Quetiapine does it just make you put on weight even if you eat healthy but im

Posted , 2 users are following.

ive been reading that Quetiapine makes you put on weight I've only been taking it for a few weeks now I gained loads of weight whilst in hospital having my ankle replacement I've gone back to slimming world cause I did lose 3 stones but like I said gained it all back whilst in hospital I do eat healthy but I've only lost 2lbs in 3 weeks and was wondering if it because I'm using Quetiapine.

and also is it due to it making you eat that you gain weight on it or is it due to taking the tablet that makes us gain weight cause one thing it does help me to sleep at nights

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi. A few years ago I was on 700mg quetiapine and I.put on 3 stone.. it got me so down I came off it and within a month I lost 2 stone... unfortunately my anxiety got bad again and about a year ago I went back on it.. I'm on 350mg and I've gained a stone as once again I am craving food mainly sugar... I refuse to go up in mg so I'm managing my anxiety.. so yes a lot of weight gain for me...

• Posted

me too my belly was swelling up too so I've taken myself off it will talk to my counsellor when I see him and ask him for something else cause I can't afford to be gaining weight but thank you for your comment I'M so happy I made the right decision

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.