Quetiapine- severely depressed phase

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi there, sorry for the length of this in advance.

So I've just started on this around a month ago and t first I thought it was working but now I just feel drained and uncomfortable. I've not had any results in over a year with anything, I can't stop taking painkillers in excess which I understand will be killing my liver but it's the only thing that makes me feel better, it silences my thoughts and takes all the pain away but the doctor wants to see me about the fact I keep asking for my prescription early.

I can't go on like this and I need advice of what I should do. I've put on around 5 stone in 3 years, going from a UK8 to a 16, I'm lethargic, I'm desperately unhappy with every aspect of my life and I'm horrendous in social situations, all of this is interfering with day to day life. I'm 19 and still living off my parents after failed attempts at college and jobs and it's not like my parents are well off.

How have any of you turned around your life when you felt there was too much too conquer? Please any advice is helpful I need a solution and I can't seem to find any at the moment.

Thanks

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

And to add to that I'm not sleeping until around 4-6am and I get nightmares and not linked with the nightmares I wake up unable to breathe and have to shake myself into breathing again. I'm really distressed at the moment.

I'm on quetiapine only 150mg at the moment

Propanalol for anxiety although I'm using it for the reason my heartrate exceeds 100bpm to about 137 at most, might be the anxiety I dont know. Also the painkillers which are 30/500 I take around 16 a day on average.

• Posted

hi laura i myself take quetiapine but feel its not always as effective as i had hoped ! i was given it along with amitriptalene and venlafaxine 225 mg ! i found it easy to put on weight with these meds so try to watch what i eat ! if you find your meds are not working for you go back to your doctor and try something else and see if that helps  take care david !
    • Posted

Hi thanks for replying, it's one of those things I didn't notice until it was too late with the weight thing. My biggest problem is cola etc, I don't actually eat a whole lot but my sugar intake with juice and tea is ridiculous aha. Yeah I think I'll ask him to add something to it. Can't go on like this any longer, he said give it time but I need to get on with my life.  
    • Posted

hi laura i go through about 2 ltrs of pepsi max a day but.its.no sugar and i find it doesnt have the aftertaste that other diet drinks have ! regarding tour tea have you tried candarel sweetners ! good luck  laura and hope this helps  david !

• Posted

What pain killers are you taking, you know they can hep you wean off them. Someone need to help you turn this around whats your GP think ?
    • Posted

Hi, I know they can but I'm afraid to tell them. Solpadol (cocodamol). Any doctor at my own practice just tells me to see my psychologist about anything to do with medication or how I'm feeling. Seems nobody's there to help me. I feel pretty useless like I don't understand why I can't function like other people. I don't have any drive, I'm so exhausted.
    • Posted

How much Co codoamol are you taking daily ? Speak to your Psycholgist if your GP arent able to help. To be fair the pschologist will be more clued up.

its ok to be afraid but either way nothing is going to chnage if you dont talk to the professionals. As for you weight this is the least of your issues right now, and its all about you and the co coda mol. If you can get some control over this it give you more to be happy about. Its going to take time though and you got to be gentle with the targets and be sure they are achievable, and that you know that its not badto have to taper off differently all thru the process.

I belive you can do it

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.