Quetiapine, venlafaxine, Pregablin, Mirtazapine combo

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have been on 600mg or Pregablin , 150mg if venlafaxine, 30mg of Mirtazapine and my phychiatritrist has recommended a tiny 25mg dose of Quetiapine daily.

Has anyone tried this combo?

1 like, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

I have not been on them as a combo but I was on mirt 45mg for 6 years

side effects from that is weight gain concentration and forgetfullness. It stopped working in December

I am now on sertraline 200mg mirt 15mg(for sleep) I have also been prescrpbed quetiapine  25mg which I took only once and it made me crazy so Im not taking it again

Everyone reacts differently to medication

Stay Strongcheesygrin

• Posted

Thanks Lynne, I'm doing well at the moment after a rather thought time. I have noticed weight gain but I can also put that down to surgery which had me laid up for months.

It's only the Quetiapine which is new. The other meds have been effective for years

• Posted

Yeh the quetiapine is new to me also and I think I was put of by the fact its an antipsychotic med for bipolar and schizophrenia I dont have either of them

Take Carecry

• Posted

I've been on Venlafaxine, mirtazapine and quitiapine but haven't been on a routine prescription of pregablin. When I was on the quitiapine, Venlafaxine and Mirtazapine my anxiety was very well managed and I slept well. But I had what my doctor described as a 'flat affect'. I didn't have any terrible depressive episodes but I didn't ever get really enthusiastic or excited about anything. I also found the regime had a slightly depressive effect on my sex drive.

In all honesty that particular combination probably saved my life, it stabilised me at a time when I was profoundly depressed and highly anxious. It is a pretty hefty combination. You may find it also makes you quite constipated initially.

It was an effective combination for me, but I was acutely depressed and suffering terrible anxiety at the time. My doses were different though. I was on 250mgs Venlafaxine, 30mgs Mirtazapine and 150mgs of Quitiapine.

You may find that the Mirtazapine and Quitiapine make you put on a bit of weight.

• Posted

Thanks for your reply Ian. I have been warned of the flat effect from Quetiapine.

I have been on the other meds for a while and my mood is good just now. The Quetiapine are for insomnia.

• Posted

Quitiapine is very effective for insomnia. When it kicks in, it is almost impossible to not go to sleep. You may find that it gives you very vivid dreams for a couple of weeks.
  • Posted

i've been on quetiapine in the past, mixed with my other meds. and it helped with my anxiety. i went off of it because i gained fifteen pounds in six months. but i've never taken it with the other meds you mentioned. right now i am taking six different psyche meds, and gained onehundred pounds in two years. i know you didnt ask for all that info...i just like to warn people about how the quetiapine makes you put on the pounds, if that is even an issue for you....good luck james!!
  • Posted

Hi Everyone,

Thank you for all your comments. The 25mg of Quetiapine really helped with my insomnia. Last night was the best I have slept for years. Just thought I would update you.

• Posted

Thanks for the update James. I'm really pleased to hear that the Quetiapine helped you sleep. I've found it to be very effective in treating my insomnia. The great thing is, in my experience, I've never developed a tolerance to it. Did you find you had vivid dreams? I did when I first  started it.
    • Posted

No Ian, no vivid dreams just a very deep quality sleep. 😊

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.