Quick fix

Posted , 6 users are following.

I’m so tired of the this  anxiety   All day every day.   Sometimes I just want to get on an antidepressant.  It just seems overwhelming to get all your hormones running smooth again with HRT. 

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Hi Patti 

I have fatigue going through perimenapause is horrible what other symptoms do you have 

• Posted

Pretty tired most days, Mornings are the worst. I’ve only had 1 period in5 months. I was getting hot flushes that would last a minute or 2 for about 2 months and now they’re gone. Right now it’s just anxiety through the roof and a little depression.  
  • Posted

HRT wasn't for me, terrible side effects. But some women swear by it. My doctor put me on the antidepressant Trazodone. I was on it for a little over three years then I felt it stopped working. I didn't want to take a higher dosed so I was put on Zoloft, big mistake, horrific side effects, then came Prozac, bad side effects. The doctors tell you SSRI's like Zoloft and Prozac will make you feel worse before you feel better. You already feel bad, so you want me to feel even worse? No thanks. Trazodone is a SNRI, I had no side effects(or so I thought)except for the stuffy nose and it went away. I have been hoarse for a few months. When the Prozac didn't work out I also stopped taking the Trazodone, well the awareness went away, so did all body aches I was having. I didn't realize one of the side effects of the Trazodone was muscle aches. Right now I'm just taking Valium as needed. But the Trazodone definitely helped.

• Posted

Hi Juanita,

Hope you don’t mind me joining your conversation ? I’m the same as you, I don’t take HRT.  I also have Valium as and when needed, I actually only take them if I have an appointment, like the Dentist ! Are you in the U.K. ? It’s just that they seem so reluctant to Prescibe them ? I get uptight thinking they might not let me keep having a repeat prescription . . . They work so well for me. Mine are 2mg, is that what you have ?

All the best Deb xx

• Posted

Hi Debbie, I'm in the USA. Of course I don't mind, you jump in anytime!  When I first went to my new doctor she gave me 30, with no refills. But I was able to call and get another refill two months later 

This year when I went in for my physical she gave me three refills, and boy was I happy! I get 10mg but I break them in half, so it's like I get 60 each time. I only take them when I really need them, for some reason I that seems to be mostly on the weekends.

They hate prescribing them here too. She just knows what a difficult time I'm having during menopause. I was shocked when she gave me three refills.

• Posted

Hi Juanita,

Thanks so much.   So kind of you to reply.  I only get 10 at a time.  I have to be hopeful

My Doctor will be let keep having a repeat prescription.  It’s a nightmare this bloody Menopause.

• Posted

I just want to jump out of my skin today. I quit taking my antidepressants, but I think I'm going to have to go back on them!!! They're so worried about you getting addicted to Valium, Xanax, etc., anti depressants are just as bad. I'm only going to take a half  a dose. I cannot function like this.

• Posted

Hi,

Sorry I didnt see your reply.  Yes what ever gets you through and works is the right thing for you.  It’s a horrible time sand we need all the help we can get xx hugs to you xx Deb

• Posted

Hi Patty, HRT I am sure will help you but how much it helps depends on the type you take. It may be hit and miss u
    • Posted

Sorry phone playing up! What I was trying to say is it may take a bit of chopping and changing until the right HRT is found for you. But dont give up. There are also supplements you can take aswell in case you need a bit extra help to ease your symptoms. Like so many of these things it may take a little time, but dont give up, HRT does work in majority of cases. Good luck hun let us know how you get on. XXX
  • Posted

Dear Patty.. I've been on an antidepressant for 2 years now.  I got so depressed I was considering suicide.  Since I went on it, I have no more anxiety, no more depression and I feel so much better. Sometimes our bodies need a little extra kick when something isn't working.  Now I know some people are anti any meds.  But I feel and my three doctors and PT feel that sometimes our bodies can't produce a  needed chemical to run the body properly.  If anyone asks you why or why not you take certain meds... just tell them that's it's a private matter. There is no need to defend or explain your situation.   I hope something here helps you.  There is no shame in needed meds sometimes.  biggrin

• Posted

You hit the nail right on the head there Debbie. Never be ashamed to seek help and if that help includes meds so be it. If you need them or your dr thinks you need them then take them. There is no shame in taking medical advice and acting on it! XXX

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.