Quick pip exam

Posted , 4 users are following.

I recently attended an assessment for pip which I feel went too quickly,the hp asked simple questions and seemed to fly thru the questions,I suffer from epilepsy, fibromyalgia have depressionand anxiety and a fear of going out on my own,during the Physical part of assessment she told me to not stand up as she could see this would cause pain which has left me confused also,I feel I won't be awarded pip because the assessment was very short does anyone have any idea if I'm worrying unnecessarily or not?

Ps she asked me to remember 3 words and spell world backwards I remembered the 3 words but spelt world backwards wrongly at first and due to having a deformed left hand I couldn't fold paper right but all she said was that's fine, I'm also therefore worried that I've bin too honest,am I being stupid thinking this way?

PPS my exam lasted around 25mins after waiting 40 mins,I live with my mother(I'm 43!!)n have done since last year,I moved 100miles to live with her because of my fits and my dear of going out etc so need the pip , I'm sorry this text is all over but my head's a over and I don't know if I'm worrying over nothing,does anyone have any advice I could use? Thanks for reading x

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Kai,

25 minutes for an assessment is about the average. It really does differ for everyone to how long you're in their for and there's no definite time to how long they should last. PIP isn't about a diagnosis, it's how those conditions affect you daily.

The questions about spelling they asked you is normal, they ask most people that exact spelling question. Myself included and my daughter. The physical question that they said you didn't need to do, that's fine. Hopefully they will say exactly that in the assessment report.

Did someone go with you to the assessment? Did you send evidence to support your claim? They very rarely contact anyone for evidence, the onus is on you to make sure it's sent with the form.

You can ring DWP to ask for a copy of the assessment report to be sent to you. This will give you some idea what the decision is likely to be because they mostly go with that report, it's rare for them to go against it.

• Posted

Thanks for replying Denise,my mother came with me to the assessment and I took with me a whole lot of correspondence from Dr's etc as well as my meds,the lady who did the assessment seemed genuine enough but after reading so many different reports regarding pip Assessments I'm beginning to find it all a bit overwhelming,and so don't know what to think!

I rang the DWP today to request my copy of the assessment and was told to expect it in around 2wks.

Everything about my claim has surprised me so far,from originally applying for pip(1st Feb)to getting my form and having to return it by 1st March (due to bad weather they received it late 5th March!)then I was given my f2f on the 20th March so all that seemed quite quick,then I received a text on the 22nd March from the DWP saying they had received my assessment report!! Do you think this could possibly mean I'll receive a decision quickly also?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.