Quick Poll- How long have you suffered with Gatritis?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi.

I have had Gastritis for about a year and a half now and im at my wits end. Just curious how long the rest of us have suffered for?.....?...

Thank you

Kay x

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

I have had it for almost a year. I hsve follow up endoscopy next week to see if its changed at all. Were you diagnosed via endoscopy?
    • Posted

Yes I was diagnosed via endoscopy but that was back in Feb 2017...I have an appointment coming up with a gastroenterologist...But only because I pushed for it. I want them to do another one so I have a comparison but not aure they will. How did you manage to get a follow up one? How bad are your synptoms if you dont mind me asking? x
    • Posted

I was diagnosed by endoscopy September 2017 after pushing and pushing since June 2017 because I was at my worst. Prior to the endoscopy I had abdominal ultra sound and CT with contrast and multiple blood tests. Endoscopy showed gastritis and I manage much better now but it is definately still there. I got my follow up endoscopy privately and by asking as it has been a year now. I hope they allow you to have one too. 

I take a 40mg somac every morning and some Gaviacon before bed if needed which manages it pretty well. I have my good and bad days but my PPI does keep my discomfort mostly under control. Are you taking anything?

• Posted

Hi @key85032 its now three years since since 2015 i got them,it all started when i was in the process of losing weight,taking lemon water and green tea every morning before breakfast,went for med and was told to avoid acidic food and to stay away from soft drink this has helped me because now the pain is not intense
  • Posted

Hi. I’ve had gastritis for about 8 months now. Blood test was negative for h. pylori. I’ve been on omprazole daily and have to take pepcid a few times a week on top of that. Just got a gallbladder ultrasound and am waiting on the results and have an endoscopy. I just want this to all be over. i’m only 21 years old and this has really been stressful. I hope you feel better soon. 
    • Posted

Bless you...It is so stressful and yet they say stress doesnt help. But its hard not to. And youre so young bless you.

How bad are your symptoms? I went to get some "SilicolGel" today which is a kind of coating for your disgestive tract. Im hoping it will ease this.  Hope youre feeling ok. x

• Posted

Been 10 years with gastritis now...after 5 years found my gallbladder not working and after 5 years found Gallstones.
    • Posted

How were you diagnosed? And find out about your gallbladder? Is that why you have gastritis? Sorry for alot of questions. Im just at my wits end. And what are you doing to ease symptoms? x
    • Posted

Hida scan shows gb working or not and ultrasound test for stones.Doctors say gb problems and gastritis are unrelated..but we never know until the gb is removed.it can go worst or else can resolve.
    • Posted

Intially I was having lot of acid reflux at night and bit of stomach bloating and doctors prescribed omeperzole which was keeping me better for a while, then whenever I started eating at restaurant or fatty meals.. I used to get severe burping. Did endoscopy and found gastritis, asked me to take omeperzole again. After few years, I started getting severe bloating and right side pain below rib , did hida scan ,showed my gb not working, ultrasound showed no stones.I did not go for surgery, after 5 years run into severe bloating, dizziness and burping even with simple foods , did ultrasound , found gallstones. Yet to take a decision on gb removal due to other personal issues.Its been 10 years with this journey now. So if you have frequent gastritis issue like burping and bloating, do endoscopy, ultrasound and hida scan.
    • Posted

Hi

I've just been diagnosed with gallstones. Any ideas on how long before they become sinister? Have read a lot on the internet that gallstones cause GB cancer so am really worried at the moment.

Thanks

• Posted

Google will always lead to cancer.i and my brother got gallstones since past 3 years.unless gallstones doesn't bother you.. doctors don't advice to remove it. When it bother you with pain,etc..then you can think about surgery.

• Posted

I've had a burning, uncomfortable pain in my stomach for going on 3 years sad it all started after a very stressful event that happened. I was scheduled for an endoscopy last year and then ended up getting pregnant so all was put on hold. I still have my symptoms and have to be on omeprazole 40 mg just to be able to eat. I also have loose stools and diarrhea at random times. The burning in my stomach almost feels like a stomach ulcer that never heals. I hope you feel better rolleyes

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.