quick question

Posted , 5 users are following.

when you reach your target weight what happens? do you stay on the blueys for a while after that to maintain the weight loss, or does your GP just stop giing them to you? 

Thanks everyone xx

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Excellent question Mrs Mac! Unfortunately I don't ever see the day that I'll reach that point so it has never ocurred to me to ask!
    • Posted

I havent reached it yet, but i was just wondering, hopefully somone on here will know rolleyes
  • Posted

Hi.  I was on the tablets for around 7 months and lost approx 6 stone.  My BMI dropped from just over 39 to just over 25. Both the Practice Nurse and myself both agreed that I should stop the tablets, as she reckoned my way of eating and selecting food was totally different now.  And now 4 months down the line I have lost a further half a stone without the tablets.  I still tend to stick to a low fat diet and eat the same things as if I was on the tablets!   So far so good x
    • Posted

Well done Sam thats amazing you must be very proud.

Thanks for the reply xx

• Posted

Well I hope I get to the point where I find out! Another 4 stone to go!!!!! But in answer, I very much doubt that you would stay on the tablets if you get to your taget weight as there are very strict government guidelines with regards to these tablets and the 5% weight loss every 3 months. But I love your positive attitude, you go girl. x
    • Posted

Thanks hunny, i will ask when i go to get weighed next.

Take care xx

• Posted

Hi hun i was thinking the same thing they dont tell you much what happens afterwards ask them at your next weigh in i dont think they would stop straight away i woulda thought you would have to maintain your reached weight for a while then come off them when you can do it yourself.... Or thats what im hoping let me know if you find any info in it ill do the same hun take care xx
    • Posted

I have another months supply before i get weighed next, but i will certainly ask when i go back. 

Take care xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.