Quick question

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've been seeing my Colo-Rectal Doctor for a while about my Diverticular disease. The pain is mostly around my belly button. And on my last visit last week, he suspected it could be a hernia. He examined me by prodding around the inside my belly button. And said he thought he felt a small hernia. Then told me to keep an eye on it. Today, when I bent over to give my dog something, I felt really sharp pain in that area. And it really hurt. I don't even need to push down on the area to feel pain. When I gently rub my finger around it, it's very sensitive. But it also hurts. Do you think this is a hernia?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Probably. My only advise after just having hernia mesh removed would be this:

1. Go see a surgeon who only does hernia repairs.
    2. Get a 2nd opinion from another surgeon who only does hernia repairs.
    3. Do not rush into surgery unless it is really bothering you. Most hernias are not dangerous and do not need to be fixed.
    4. Do not have it repaired with mesh!
  • Posted

I sometimes have this pain. I have a couple of diverticula and a hiatus hernia but I don't have an umbilical hernia. I think the pain is from the diverticula but I can't be sure.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.